Kmember issues

old01cobra

Established Member
Any of you guys run into these issues running an aftermarket K-member?

I just installed a Team Z and the steering shaft was binding on the header. I shimmed the Left mount to k-member with a small washer 1/16 thickness. Then ground some of the squareness from the shaft and Its clearing at this time.

Next issue was with everything centered the rack and steering wheel I ran out of negative toe on the pass side. Couldn't get the toe inward everything was bottomed out I am even running there bumpsteer kit. So I took off 3/4 of an inch from the inner tie rod. Now everthing is centered and I get a even lock too lock of 1 1/4 steering wheel turns other wise I was going too loose 1/4 steering wheel movement too the left.

Not sure if this is common or not I've been in contact with Team Z however he hasn't responded in awhile neglecting to address these concerns. So I was just curious if you guys ran into anything like this.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
My Maximum Motorsports K member has been awesome, other than the HP performance twin turbo kit doesn't fit around the A arms (was made for UPR)

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
but I have to make all new hot side tubing for the turbo kit, that's out of my element

Slowbra01

Established Member
I just had the Maximum Motorsports kmember installed. One thing i looked over was the oil filter. You will need to relocate the oil filter...it does say it in their website, it was my fault for not seeing it. So check if other K members require you to do the same.

01yellercobra

Established Member
A guy I know installed a K member and when he was done his steering wheel was upside down. I don't remember the brand, but he tried to line everything back up. After getting an alignment it was good to go.

I installed a MM piece in mine. It took some time but my buddy and I got it close enough to drive home. My steering wheel wasn't straight though. It's better after the professional alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread