KR500 & KR700 cobra's

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake bite 03

Has any 1 herd of KR500 and KR700 03 and 04 cobras...? i went to a mustang car show at a ford dealer today and they had a KR700 04 yellow cobra that u could order from them with all the mods allready done to it. the window sticker said it had 700+HP on pump gas and the mods were 2.3L wipple with 13,18,22 PSI pulleys, full exhaust, intake, TB, 60Lb injectors, chip, some Suspension work and it was dyno tuned there was no price but i dont think i would want to kno...i have some pics ill post up tomorrow...u think u could get 700+HP with those engine mods?

Swole

Im Swole
Established Member
maybe with the 22 PSI pulley, i think they go up to 25 lbs of boost for the whipple.

stvdman

Established Member
YUP, saw one at the Dealership also in Warwick, RI, TASCA FORD. Tasca has a long history of modifying HP Mustangs. I went there and the owners son had a black 03 sittin out back that had "KR500" badges along the bottom sill botgh side of the car. I asked about it and was told that it had a different S/C and was making in excess of 500hp. Very nice looking car and tastefully done.

I tried to buy a 03 10th Ann from them but they wanted too much $$$, so I went up the road to RIZZO ford and saved $5000. I wanted to go back to Tasca and have it turned into a KR, but I figured it was already good enough at the time.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive never heard of one of these. Anyone got any pics??

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Well, awhile back, Ford started offering a Terminator package with a Whipple and full Cobra R suspension. It's possible it's just a dealer-installed version of that and has a warranty.

UCBeau

T-Bolt said:
Well, awhile back, Ford started offering a Terminator package with a Whipple and full Cobra R suspension. It's possible it's just a dealer-installed version of that and has a warranty.
proof?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
T-Bolt said:

Since ford mass produced the cobra R suspension

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Tasca did the package themselves. they sell them like that to people who want their car already modded. It must be superexpensive though, and I am assuming they are counting flywheel hp rather than rear wheel hp when giving HP #s

T-Bolt

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:

I saw it in Autoweek a year or 2 ago. I have no idea if they went through with it, and it had no name. I do remember though it was going to cost roughly 15k and would've made a Cobra an excellent track car.

Edit: Cough cough: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8281

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5819

That's all I could find for right now. I'm not sure if they ever sold it, but I'm telling you A year or 2 back there was a small blurb in Autoweek about it.

Last edited:

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
there was a KR500 for sale locally when i was looking for my car at the begining of the summer. it was a black vert. the person selling it wanted $39,000. way to much for me. the guy probably got it at Tasca cuz he was from southern MA

Frank

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Ford Racing did throw all of the FRPP catalog at an 03 Redfire Coupe. It was never a DIO package. There is no option box to check to get a Whippled 03/4 from Ford directly.

From the best of my understanding, Tasca did do a couple of special cars that were Whipple'd.

T-Bolt

Established Member
mblgjr said:
Ford Racing did throw all of the FRPP catalog at an 03 Redfire Coupe. It was never a DIO package. There is no option box to check to get a Whippled 03/4 from Ford directly.

From the best of my understanding, Tasca did do a couple of special cars that were Whipple'd.

It could've been that, because I remember it was a Redfire with FR500s and it had a Whipple.

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Yea, that was just the ford racing test car.

UCBeau

exactly, there was no "terminator" package, and ford does state that adding those mods will void your new vehicle warranty

snake bite 03

Fdawg97lx said:
there was a KR500 for sale locally when i was looking for my car at the begining of the summer. it was a black vert. the person selling it wanted $39,000. way to much for me. the guy probably got it at Tasca cuz he was from southern MA

Frank

yea do a search on autotrader.com and use 02911 as the zip its still on there and still is $39,000...rip off if u ask me u can find an 03 for $26,000 with low miles add another $5,000 and have over 500 RWHP and your only up to $31,000...

snake bite 03

I do have pics of it but my buddy has the cam ill post them up ASAP when i get it back..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread