lethal oap and condensation

Riptide

Established Member
I have a set of lethal oap and I can't get them to stop dripping water on cold starts. I can't hear or feel a leak but the evidence is there in the water that drips down. It is coming from the clamps highest up where the pipes go over the axle.

I've moved the clamps around and re-tightened them. The pipes are in good. I'm not sure what the deal is with these. Wondering if this is a common thing or what. Is it worth it to have them welded? It may be harder to get them off the car if I weld that junction.

9TMAREEE

Established Member
Same thing happen to mine man, I've tried everything and from what I can feel no airs coming out but like you said that top part where they meet right up to on the over axle bend at that clamp theres always condensation dripping down, oh well

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I had this issue as well. I tightened the clamps to 45 ft*lbs with a torque wrench and it hasn't leaked since

Riptide

Established Member
Exhaust shop told me not to worry about it. I guess whatever. Either that or weld it lol. Clamps are on tight.

If you can't hear a leak or feel much of a leak then maybe it isn't worth another thought.

Users who are viewing this thread