Little VMP 2.3 TVS goes 8.90's first time out!

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
IMG_1653.jpg

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
It peaks around 7K & flatlines thru 8K... I think the small 1 3/4 headers are holding it back. Not to mention the blower is maxed out.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
It peaks around 7K & flatlines thru 8K... I think the small 1 3/4 headers are holding it back. Not to mention the blower is maxed out.
Great average power. Probably why it traps so well for the pwr/weight.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Congrats Scott! Very nice! Is your motor sleeved or just rods and pistons? Can you share your suspension setup?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Thanks guys. I actually cracked my stock block last year. I went with a FRPP block because I didn't trust anyone close to sleeve a block.

My suspension is full BMR with heim joint/bearings. It doesn't make any more noise then poly on the street. I also have the new. BMR anti roll bar. I leave it unhooked on the street.

I had my trans upgraded over the winter, but it looked mint after 130 passes when opened up. I got the parts from Beefcake Racing & Finishline Performance in Cincinnati Ohio did a great job on the rebuild.
I'm still running the stock un modded torque converter.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I took some timing out for my first pass. I was going to do a 1/8 mile hit. Everything felt good, so I stayed in it. Car dead hooked to a weak 1.39. It should go mid 1.2's when I get it dialed in. I was happy to see 154.7 mph in 2000DA. 9.00 @ 154.7 for my very first pass off the street. I drive the car to the track.

vortecd

Established Member
how did you find out it was cracked?. Did you change the setup or use your old internals?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
how did you find out it was cracked?. Did you change the setup or use your old internals?
I could smell coolant on startup when the car would sit... I thought it was a head gasket, but found a crack. I swapped my old internals into a new block.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Man those sixty foot times on the stock stall Definitely jealous. Can't even come close to that with mine.

It went 1.30 last year. I've gained 70whp & dropped some weight this year. It should get interesting. Easy 1.2's

cpSTACK

Established Member
Assumed the car was gutted inside with a cage. It is amazing that's for sure. What the heck is the term for a car like that on the street? Can't be called a sleeper, that's for Volvo Wagons with a fox body swap. 5.0 badge throws sleeper out the window.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Curious which track lets you run 9's without one, let alone 8's?

If he runs during track rentals then the rules do not apply. I know a few times a year various groups will rent the track for a day around here. The track will provide a couple of bodies to man the starting lines but thats it, no tech inspections. Around here it normally cost around 100 for the day if you are able to get in on one.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I run No ET / Grudge nights. Tech is super lite, they don't even open up my hood. Their purpose is to bring street racers off the street, and to the track. As long as ET's aren't posted on a time board for everyone to see, they let things slide

Users who are viewing this thread