Long tubes

flip_86

Established Member
I'm considering getting some long tubes. Kooks and arh are out of my price range but I'must not looking for the cheapest route either. Obx headers and mid pipes are a decent option, but the only place I can find them is eBay. Many have used pacesetters, but often reported fitment and quality issues. Is there anywhere else in can find obx? Or a good alternative? It's for a built motor with 2.3 Whipple.​

earl lee

Established Member
I'm considering getting some long tubes. Kooks and arh are out of my price range but I'must not looking for the cheapest route either. Obx headers and mid pipes are a decent option, but the only place I can find them is eBay. Many have used pacesetters, but often reported fitment and quality issues. Is there anywhere else in can find obx? Or a good alternative? It's for a built motor with 2.3 Whipple.​

Built motor with a whipple but you want to put on some cheap headers? Just save up for Kooks or ARH's and be done. OBX are knock off ARH's usually. So you could be looking at fitment issues. Just my 2 cents as I personally dont lke trying to save money by going cheap only to have to redo it again. Do it right the first time.

Robert Francis

Established Member
I've had stainless Kooks headers on my 01L since 2003 and never a problem, rust wise or leak wise. They cost more than others, but I spent the money because, as others have noted, I only wanted to do it once.

4a7191a

Established Member
Obx here, had to get the midpipe rewelded. Other than that no issues.
The midpipes look like converters too which is nice.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Built motor here with a 2.3 whipple. I have obx headers. So do many others. Works fine. That's more than enough for 99% of us. There's also a knock off brand of OBX which is even cheaper. I forgot the name.

Users who are viewing this thread