Lowering a 2013 Mustang GT Coupe - Need Advice

munchy_cool

Established Member
Hello All,

Planning on lowering my 2013 Mustang GT Coupe. It's a daily driver 25% city and 75% highway.

Will never see the track/drag race/autocross. Strictly a daily driver.

Tires 245x45x19 on 19x8.5 wheels. Next tire change, I will be going with 255x40x19 all around.

Here's the setup I have come up with.

Springs
Eibach Sportlines

Shocks and Struts
Koni Str't

Panhard Bar
BMR double adjustable

Strut Mounts
GT-500

Camber Bolts
Eibach

LCA Relocation Brackets
BMR

LCA
BMR

Questions

1. Is the setup good or would you make any changes.
2. Do I need the Koni yellows?
3. Would Eibach pro struts and shocks be better with Eibach springs or Koni's will do just fine.
4. Do I go with adjustable or non-adjustable LCA.

Last edited:

noldevin

Established Member
The sportlines should give you a nice drop and even out the rake. The progressive rear springs will ride nice but should keep you off the bump stops.

1. Lose the camber bolts, you can get the car within spec by rotating the gt500 mounts 180 degrees (I am at -1.2 degrees of camber with a 1.5" drop in front after doing this. The sportlines lower 1.3" in front so you should have a bit less camber than me. This is perfectly fine for street use, will help a tiny bit in cornering, and won't cause any extra tire wear. Camber bolts can slip or break and are dangerous.) If you are still worried about camber, camber plates are the better and safer solution.
2. You don't need Koni Yellows, but it is a good idea to upgrade your shocks and struts when lowering. Instead of Konis, I'd recommend the shortened Bilsteins as they are higher quality and better designed for a lowered car.
That being said, many people are happy with the oranges.
3. Eibach's dampers aren't the best, but they are probably set up to work decently with their springs. I'd still go for Bilsteins over either. And that is coming from a Koni Yellow owner, if I could trade them for Bilstein I would in a hearbeat.
4. Non adjustable LCA's are fine but you will want an adjustable UCA and mount to keep your pinion angle in check.

munchy_cool

Established Member
3. Eibach's dampers aren't the best, but they are probably set up to work decently with their springs. I'd still go for Bilsteins over either. And that is coming from a Koni Yellow owner, if I could trade them for Bilstein I would in a hearbeat.

Can you please link me to the Bilsteins?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread