Michelin All Season Tires

Snoopy49

Established Member
I just got off the phone with Michelin and they said that the new Pilot Super A/S3 tires will be released in April. The good news is that they will be available in 265/40ZR19 & 285/35ZR20.

440sprint

Established Member
"The Pilot Sport A/S 3 features an aggressive and asymmetrical tread pattern, which bears some resemblance to the Pilot Super Sport, one of their high-end tires, and it also features their Variable Contact Patch 2.0 technology, which further aids with both traction and durability. The rubber compound itself, called Helio Compound, features high amounts of silica, which combined with Variable Thickness Sipes further aids both wet and dry traction."

Better, cheaper than the MPSS? Snoopy, are you going to run your GY's until you can put these on so we can get a '13 GT500 report on them?

Snoopy49

Established Member
I'm still running the GY's and I am thinking about going with the Michelin PSS's. Where I live we don't get any snow, but it does dip into the low 30's this time of year, so the GY's get a little squirrelly until they warm up. There seems to be a lot of members that are not as fortunate when it comes to weather, so I thought I would pass along the information I was given. If I haven't replaced my tire before the A/S 3's are released, I will take a good look at them and decide which way I want to go. As far as price, they will probably be more expensive than the PSS's.

WJinLV

Established Member
Im waiting for my dealer to let me know if they will replace the stock GYs for Michelins, the GYs were cracked on delivery. The weather in Vegas that day was colder than usual...in the 30s. Dealers first response was "didnt you read the manual, dont drive below 40F" I said you must be joking.

03reptile

Established Member
I just got off the phone with Michelin and they said that the new Pilot Super A/S3 tires will be released in April. The good news is that they will be available in 265/40ZR19 & 285/35ZR20.

Thats great news! I went with the Toyo Proxes 4 plus all season tires for the 13 because Michelin Pilot Sport A/S didn't have the 285/35/20 for the rear. The 275 was noticably narrower. The Toyo 275 was the same width as the stock Goodyear 285..go figure. Pleased with the Toyo, but will definitely replace them with the new Michelins when they wear out. Glad to see Michelin will offer the 285/35/20 size. About time.

Users who are viewing this thread