Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
Need some opinions, and can't find anything for the life of me.

Looking to replace my 555R's on my '14 with a good bit of power... Has anyone had the ET Street S/S on their car that can talk about ride, wear and cornering? Granted, I know with an R Compound Tire, it's not going to be much - but was something I do like about the 555R (versatility) even if I don't get 100% traction when I punch it all the time.

Either going to go the NT05R route, or this route ... just trying to get some real life info.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I have heard the Michelin PSS is the way to go for all around performance - traction - handling - and wear. That's what I'm putting on my '14 in the spring.

Just get a set of Mickeys for the rear for days at the drag strip.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I ran the MT S/S 305/35R20 on my 800whp 13 GT500, hands down the best tire I ever ran my car, but they aren't cheap

paluka21

Established Member
I have heard the Michelin PSS is the way to go for all around performance - traction - handling - and wear. That's what I'm putting on my '14 in the spring.

Just get a set of Mickeys for the rear for days at the drag strip.

Michelin tires won't hold as well as the NT555R's he currently runs, especially on a higher horsepower car. Heck, they won't even hold stock power at WOT.
Granted, they are an upgrade over factory, just nowhere near the grip of a drag radial.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
What kind of miles did you get out of them?

Yeah, I know.. but let's be honest... none of them are lol. Hence the reason, I am asking about things like longevity Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I hear yeah, when I sold the car I had about 4k on them and they probably had 50% life. Mind you I never did burnouts, I just needed a tire that wouldn't spin from a 40roll lol.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Agreed that launches won't be as good with the MPSS as with the Nito, but handling won't be nearly as good with the Nitto. Cornering was one of the things he mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread