My fuse box is splitting... disconnecting everything

RyanApfel

Established Member
Well I got really lucky and 99cobravert happend to be parting out an 01 and is hooking me up with a new box and harness. I'm going to replace the whole thing and be done with it
my4u7y5e.jpg

wallie40

Established Member
Ryan, where are you located at in socal. PM me i can give you a hand. Its pretty simple to put it all together.

-Paul

shurur

Established Member
Well that's more like it!!!..not like that GD mess on ebay..That looks do-able.
and you have help now too!! Gotta love SVTP..
Let us know how it goes!!

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
Just FYI the 01 gt has the same part number power distribution harness as the cobra. I know cause I have to find one for my swap into my 90 and the cobra I took the harness from the power harness was demolished so took the part number off and went to eBay.

shurur

Established Member
Just FYI the 01 gt has the same part number power distribution harness as the cobra. I know cause I have to find one for my swap into my 90 and the cobra I took the harness from the power harness was demolished so took the part number off and went to eBay.

nice to know.
good follow through..:thumbsup:

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
Man, what are the odds? I hooked up an amp yesterday, and my nut on the side of the fuse box was extremely tight. Sure enough, it cracked the box and turned that metal plate sideways as I tried to loosen the nut. Once I finally did loosen the nut, I thought I had everything back where it belonged, but the car wouldn't start. the fuel pump wouldn't prime. Upon closer inspection, that metal plate that runs along the bottom of the fuse box to distribute power was pulled out of a few of the sockets, including the fuel pump fuse socket. I had to dismantle everything and reassemble the box. Tedious, but it worked.

Moral of the story: don't overtorque those damn nuts that hold the battery/starter cables onto the fuse panel.

RyanApfel

Established Member
Wow....... iv never hurd of that happening before this. Its good that you could get yours back together tho. Mine is beyond repair unfortunately

RyanApfel

Established Member
Got it all installed...... was so much easier than I thought. While I had both out, I spliced in a couple of my connectors that were damaged on yours and spliced in the blinker connector that was cut off on yours. Everything works again :) u saved me. Thank you :)

Bullitt702

Man, what are the odds? I hooked up an amp yesterday, and my nut on the side of the fuse box was extremely tight. Sure enough, it cracked the box and turned that metal plate sideways as I tried to loosen the nut. Once I finally did loosen the nut, I thought I had everything back where it belonged, but the car wouldn't start. the fuel pump wouldn't prime. Upon closer inspection, that metal plate that runs along the bottom of the fuse box to distribute power was pulled out of a few of the sockets, including the fuel pump fuse socket. I had to dismantle everything and reassemble the box. Tedious, but it worked.

Moral of the story: don't overtorque those damn nuts that hold the battery/starter cables onto the fuse panel.

Geeze guys I'm in a messed up situation, same thing happened to me last week when trying to loosen up that frkn bolt, spun the medal plate and now my fuel pump won't kick on. Any pointers on how to reassemble the internals? I got the box loose but now I don't know what comes next?? I don't see any type of main connection down below and it's dam near impossible to get to the internals without pulling it free. Any help would be greatlyy appreciated guys. Thanks in advance

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Geeze guys I'm in a messed up situation, same thing happened to me last week when trying to loosen up that frkn bolt, spun the medal plate and now my fuel pump won't kick on. Any pointers on how to reassemble the internals? I got the box loose but now I don't know what comes next?? I don't see any type of main connection down below and it's dam near impossible to get to the internals without pulling it free. Any help would be greatlyy appreciated guys. Thanks in advance
You might want to send a private message to the original poster. He hasn't been on here since January.

Nate14120

Established Member
I just did this and replaced the whole harness. There isn't an easy solution, sorry. There is a guy on Ebay that sells tons of these whole harnesses. What year is your cobra?

I have to use an impact to get the nut off.

Users who are viewing this thread