My racing simulation setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiohtee

Established Member
It's used mainly for iRacing, but every once in awhile I'll also do some Project CARS and/or American Truck Simulator on it as well. Super fun, pretty realistic in its own respect, but definitely a good conversation piece.

The Powerhouse
i7-7700K with Silicon Lottery delid (OC'd to 5.0GHz @ 1.34V)
Corsair H100i v2
MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance (white LED) DDR4-3200 - actually out of case for RMA
Corsair Force LE 960GB SSD
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Sea Hawk X
Corsair CS550M
Corsair Carbide 400C

The running gear
3x BenQ XL2411 - 1920x1080, 144Hz, 1ms
Corsair STRAFE RGB with Cherry MX Silent switches
Corsair M65 PRO RGB FPS mouse
Corsair MM800 mouse pad
Corsair VOID Wireless 7.1 RGB headset
Thrustmaster T300RS w/ standard pedals
DSD steering wheel adapter
NRG RST-006BK steering wheel
DSD 2014 Track Boss button box

Desk
Lightly modified IKEA FREDDE

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's pretty sweet! I wish I had the time to utilize something like that.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's super bad ass.

Do you run mostly circle tracks?

Kiohtee

Established Member
That looks pretty cool. I wouldnt mind using that for Need for speed and other arcade racers. I just cant get into simulations.

Thanks! I think a setup like this would be lost on an NFS title. A single monitor, cheaper (non-custom) wheel and no button box would be decent though.

That's pretty sweet! I wish I had the time to utilize something like that.

Thanks! I have to make the time myself, especially with a 10 month old. It usually requires sacrificing sleep and racing deep into the morning on the weekends. Lol

That's super bad ass.

Do you run mostly circle tracks?

Thanks! I almost exclusively run circle tracks. I'm a NASCAR junkie on iRacing. We do race Watkins Glen and Sonoma though.

coremaster21

Established Member
Sweet set-up! Mine is a lot simpler. Just a Logitech G920 with the shifter attachment and a Xbox one.
f55ff02f1b36c66cce2f5aa18d3ecd6d.png

Don't mind the wires, It doesn't stay out.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Kiohtee

Established Member
Thanks man! Not as cool as yours but it does the job.

Not as cool or not as expensive? There's a difference. Lol

My setup is just a bunch of money, mainly because I just had to keep with the Corsair parts where I could. Our wheels are pretty similar with yours having the upper hand with a shifter, and three screens is totally unnecessary for any reason (and I think impossible on consoles anyway).

If I could do it over, I would have a single ultrawide monitor, your wheel, and a dedicated sim platform with seat. Much cheaper, much more efficient.

coremaster21

Established Member
Not as cool or not as expensive? There's a difference. Lol

My setup is just a bunch of money, mainly because I just had to keep with the Corsair parts where I could. Our wheels are pretty similar with yours having the upper hand with a shifter, and three screens is totally unnecessary for any reason (and I think impossible on consoles anyway).

If I could do it over, I would have a single ultrawide monitor, your wheel, and a dedicated sim platform with seat. Much cheaper, much more efficient.
I guess both lol, simulators can get crazy expensive. This one is definitely the best bang for your buck. I would like a playseat at some point I just don't have the room for it in my apartment unfortunately.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I guess both lol, simulators can get crazy expensive. This one is definitely the best bang for your buck. I would like a playseat at some point I just don't have the room for it in my apartment unfortunately.

I've seen some $20K+ motion simulators. Now that's crazy!

All I'm looking to add from here out is Corsair's new T1 chair, whenever it releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread