Mystichrome fit and finish

Bullitt5566

Established Member
I looked at a Mystichrome Cobra this weekend located at Hall Ford, Newport New VA. The car is nice, but the fit and finish seemed off. For example the rear bumper body lines didn't line up quite right below the taillights, the door sill gap was greater at the back of the door than the front, the fender seemed wasn't flush against the frame along the edge of the engine compaertment. Normal?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I looked at a Mystichrome Cobra this weekend located at Hall Ford, Newport New VA. The car is nice, but the fit and finish seemed off. For example the rear bumper body lines didn't line up quite right below the taillights, the door sill gap was greater at the back of the door than the front, the fender seemed wasn't flush against the frame along the edge of the engine compaertment. Normal?

Could be normal for that car. It very well could have came off the delivery truck like that straight from Ford.

Or it could mean it's been taken apart before.

If you pm the VIN I will gladly do a little quick research for you.

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
All of these cars have body panel issues, some more extreme than others and in different places. If it wasn't in an accident, its just the product of a mass produced, assembly line car. The casual observer doesn't notice these flaws but a discerning eye can spot them right away. I have a few alignment issues on my Mystichrome Cobra but not drastic enough for any major concern.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The upper bumper vs bottom trunk line section not aligning is a very common problem for all terminators.

Not sure about the rest but even new cars have alignment panel issues.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No wreck. It does have a pretty active warranty history.. This was the only one that stood out to me.

upload_2017-4-10_8-8-5.png

04MysticCobra

Established Member
After having a 2003 Cobra for a year and a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra for 7 years all these alignment issues were pretty common on the 03/04 Cobras. My 2003 was worse than the Mystichrome but the 2004 still had door alignment issues and the trunk also. Never bothered me at all but some people went back to dealer to have adjustments made to try and help them. On the other hand though my 2014 GT500 was perfect from the factory with no alignment issues. Miss that car.

Bullitt5566

Established Member
Thank you for the help. I currently have a 2001 Bullitt and don't have any of the issues I noticed. I'm sure they can easily be ajusted, just worried about the car history. Doesn't sound like it has been wrecked so it may be ok.

Bullitt5566

Established Member
I asked the dealer for a Carfax. Don't know how much I trust Carfax, but it is something.

Users who are viewing this thread