Need a Body Shop

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Who here has connections with a reliable auto paint and body shop around the CSRA (Central Savannah River Area) (Augusta, GA)?

I am open to driving as fast as Greenville, Columbia, or the outskirts of Atlanta.

If the shop specializes in Mustangs, and or performance oriented show cars, I am definitely open to their work.

This is an insurance claim. My daughter backed over my 02 GT in her Jeep.

You can literally see dirt from the tire where the car was run over.

As impressive as this is, I'm not happy about the situation.
20180712_163223.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Feel free to look through the "Another Mustang Down" thread for more pics.

Bumping the thread to try and get the attention of one of the local, or semi local guys. Hopefully they can recommend a good shop I can rely on.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
If you can get a fender and get it painted, I'll throw it on for you. I'm in Charleston.
There's more to this job than a fender. I wish it was as simple as a few 8mm bolts and a few clips. The car needs a frame rack and an alignment. It also needs the door and bumper repaired and painted.

It is likely a week and a half job for a body shop. Now is one of those times I wish I had not closed my dad's shop. Then again, if I had my tools I would already have the car apart. As it sits, I don't know how much the body needs to be pulled before the car can be aligned.

I do appreciate the offer though.

Dimitri318

Established Member
I have a guy in Greenville,SC that does amazing work. My old sonic blue got keyed by some punk I outran in an LT1 for $100 and he did an amazing job. I can get you in touch with him if you would like. He’s also a car guy too btw, he bought my most recent totalled sonic blue and swapped everything into a 01 GT and he also has a 1,200hp challenger. Oh and if you do go by there, my sonic blue shell is sitting in his shop along with my Mystichrome vert lol. I would highly recommend him.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
There's more to this job than a fender. I wish it was as simple as a few 8mm bolts and a few clips. The car needs a frame rack and an alignment. It also needs the door and bumper repaired and painted.

It is likely a week and a half job for a body shop. Now is one of those times I wish I had not closed my dad's shop. Then again, if I had my tools I would already have the car apart. As it sits, I don't know how much the body needs to be pulled before the car can be aligned.

I do appreciate the offer though.

There is some pucker factor when a body shop has to rack and clamp a car. My bodyshop called me and told me my GT500 needed to go n the rack to check it after a GTR smoked my left front at a "track" (Qualcomm Stadium).

I almost thought my world was ending lol. Since it was during a "timed" operformance event, fixing my car was 100% out of my pocket. Turns out it needed just the gentlest of tugs to get her back straight.

To this day, body and paint guys are ****ing magicians to me lol.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I have a guy in Greenville,SC that does amazing work. My old sonic blue got keyed by some punk I outran in an LT1 for $100 and he did an amazing job. I can get you in touch with him if you would like. He’s also a car guy too btw, he bought my most recent totalled sonic blue and swapped everything into a 01 GT and he also has a 1,200hp challenger. Oh and if you do go by there, my sonic blue shell is sitting in his shop along with my Mystichrome vert lol. I would highly recommend him.
PM me the info.

nxhappy

Established Member
I would assume you could find 1,000 different guys in ATL. But I don't know any.

nxhappy

Established Member
I didn't mean to sound like a jerk. I am extremely frustrated with the way things are going.

My apologies if anything came across as such.

It's all good brother. I know dealing with car accidents is a fricken nightmare. I hope you and everyone else are ok.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I can't believe no one on this site lives in my area, and that no one can recommend a decent shop.

I am surrounded by large, production line, mill style body shops. The others have a reputation that do not paint them in a good place.

I would love to find a specialty shop. I think my dad's shop was the only one around. All of the shops want to roll cars in one door and out the other. It's about quality for them. In fact, both of my brothers have recently had minor accidents repaired, and had to take their cars back to the shop twice before the job was acceptable.

Maybe I'm asking too much? Is quality work too much to expect?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The work has begun. The tabs on the bumper cover were ripped off on the driver side. It will more than likely have a Cobra Bumper put back on the car. I looked at Roush, etc. The Cobra just looks better in my opinion.
554657104.jpeg
554657050.jpeg

08mojo

Established Member
Looks like you've found a shop, so I'm too late. I've had really good luck with Magnum Collision in Kennesaw/Marietta.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I will more than likely need a new bumper cover. Does anyone know if the New Edge Roush bumper cover looks like an upturned pig snout on the GT?

Users who are viewing this thread