need help possible fuel injector leaking down

shelbycobra

Established Member
this car has been setting for 6 yrs,i had tank cleaned,new fuel pump and filter and all new rubber seals for the fuel tank then i had to change the fuel preesure regulator for the fact it was pumping gas into my intake and in side was very rusty,i it was holding fuel pressure over night until i changed the regulator.when i start the car it shows 31lb fuel pressure on the gauge but it will die a couple times after i start it,then it will run but its either rich or lean it will burn your eyes out while running,then the engine will idle up higher then down to where it idles with a lope like it has a over sized cam in it,while its doing this the fuel gauge holds steady at 31lbs,so when i shut it down after 30 minutes or so it starts leaking down until it goes to zero,im guessing it a leaky injector or injectors.i also had to change the maf sensor before that because it ran terrible.its not throwing any codes,please some one tell me if they think this is it,i also sprayed throttle body spray around the intake and vacuum lines and nothing makes it idle up.

shelbycobra

Established Member
well im sure another problem is my iac,so i ordered one,but after i shut engine down after a couple hrs my fuel pressure gauge is showing 0 pressure,

shelbycobra

Established Member
this is for other guys that might need help,my car so far is running good,once i changed the tps sensor it started running better.for the leaky injectors well its my new fuel pump,if it was a leaky injector it would had been hard to start and smoke at startup,mine was running good but when i turned the engine off after an hour it would lose fuel pressure so its the check valve in the pump.i hope this helps future guys out there.

Users who are viewing this thread