***NEW 2014 Z/28 is looking mighty impressive. Jay lenos garage review video***

C6Z06427

Established Member
this car with a 150 shot or some boost would be a killer setup.

too bad it is gonna cost north of 60k. you probably could shave off another 5k or so if it wasn't for the carbon ceramic brakes

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

too bad it is gonna cost north of 60k. you probably could shave off another 5k or so if it wasn't for the carbon ceramic brakes

I didn't think LS7s were very boost friendly with the 11.0:1 compression, thin cylinder walls etc...I know guys that have gotten away with it, but have also read about a few that haven't been so lucky. These motors respond so well to cam, head work, would probably just leave it that. Maybe even mill the heads to raise compression even more and tune for/run E85. What is the safe boost level, taking in to acct the tune is solid?

BTW pics of your 427 vert!!! There is a guy at my office that occasionally drives his in to work, beautiful car!

Last edited:

6.0GTO

Established Member

North of 60k is not going to be a problem at all for Chevrolet. There is going to be like 500-1000 produced. They will easily sell every one of those. My guess is these are not going to sit anywhere waiting for a buyer at 65k.

mr-proper

Established Member
its just a SICK ASS CAR!!:rockon: i rock it alll day. the price seems about right, it has ceramic brakes and the same suspension as the aston martin 1of77!
and for thw Z/28 Fanboys its perfect! i cant wait to see one in real life

6.0GTO

Established Member
funny that they are concentrated on heritage with this camaro.. heritage went out the window with the vette :(

They may lose a sale from you but they gained a sale with me because they changed it up. The base C6 to me looks absolutely stale compared to the base C7. I like what C7 with the Z51 option is offering even though it weighs a bit more. I'll color match the rear insert(like it probably will be later) and I'll be done. Great all around performance for the money, V8, front engine, rear drive, two seater, stubby rear with a long hood. Are you solely basing heritage off of four round tail lights?

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
I didn't think LS7s were very boost friendly with the 11.0:1 compression, thin cylinder walls etc...I know guys that have gotten away with it, but have also read about a few that haven't been so lucky. These motors respond so well to cam, head work, would probably just leave it that. Maybe even mill the heads to raise compression even more and tune for/run E85. What is the safe boost level, taking in to acct the tune is solid?

BTW pics of your 427 vert!!! There is a guy at my office that occasionally drives his in to work, beautiful car!

Boost would have to be kept pretty low and even then it won't live long. It was the main reason I didn't buy a Z and opted for a LS3 because I knew I wanted boost to begin with and it was a better starting point. I would keep the LS7 n/a with some baller heads on it with a sick cam and maybe a 150 shot on top. Still a good idea to throw some pistons and rods at it for the nitrous.

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
All this griping about the interior...if you want a fancy, polished interior, visit a luxury car dealer. Muscle/sports cars are made to go fast/stop/turn, not cool your ass cheeks on a hot summer's day. :rolling: Anyway, the 5th gens have never really done it for me looks or performance-wise; I'd rock a h/c/i LS1 all day over a 5th. This one is a nice improvement, though it is essentially purpose-built so it's nothing I personally would consider getting into.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
your not a enthusiast if you cant appreciate just how quick that car is going to be on a track.

that being said, while i like the 09-13 body, this Z/28 only looks good from a far. when the camera gets close to it, the splitters and auto zone flares looks cheesy. i understand their function but still, for the 65k+ this thing will cost you could add some metal to the body and make a classy looking wide body?

which brings me to my next point. why buy this, when i can get a ZO6 which is a far better car for less money(used).

as mentioned, this car will be a white whale and probably never seen on the streets.

the camaro to buy is the 1LE hands down.

fangstang

Established Member
funny that they are concentrated on heritage with this camaro.. heritage went out the window with the vette :(

Why? Because they got rid of the round taillights? Get over it. I hope they never return. The C7 is the best vette yet.

5PTSLO

WFO Racing!!
Established Member
I read in one mag that the a/c and radio are a option. The left one speaker in there for the door chime in the if you delete the radio. Also stated that price would likely be in the 85-90k range. It was either motortrend or road and track that I read this in.

BigDan

Established Member
Not diggin what looks like taped on fender flare/ extensions.

I'd rock one especially with full exhaust and rear seat delete to save even more weight.

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Define "around" 60k lol....I don't think it will be anywhere close to that

I would pay up to $62k. Nothing more. If GM goes higher, they'll price themselves out of the market. You'll get some people that will spend $70k+ for it, but I wouldn't see this thing being in production long or being really popular on the streets. Possibly as a low number production car though, which would suck because I really do think GM did a awesome job. The ZL1 shouldn't be that far off as a track car and should offer similar straight line performance.

They need to make this car somewhat affordable for what it is. It's still a Camaro at the end of the day. You won't find many people IMHO that will spend that kind of money on it and I wouldn't blame them. Not to take away from the car, but for $70k, That's basically what C6 Z's cost new, and a C6 Z is still a better all around car.

Users who are viewing this thread