New PB in 2011 Vortech Auto

Dtony

Established Member
I attended a private rental with a group of guys last week in London Ky. I had the car on 50/50 race gas with my street tune with additional timing added. The car is short shifting due to running out of fuel up top with the stock pump (using a BAP).

The car has a Boss short block, Boss intake, Kooks long tubes and x pipe, stock axle back with GT500 mufflers, Vortech V3si using Beefcakes waste gate limited to 12 lbs.
I am running an auto with a Circle D 3c and 3:31 gears. I have quite a bit of suspension mods done that lets it 60' very well.

My best run is below in the right lane. The DA was 800' on this run.

975-1.jpg

Here's the vid of another 9.7x run . Dtony 9 sec pass - YouTube

The car is a blast!!

Dtony

Established Member
Awesome run! Have you been running the Boss shortblock this whole time? Also what supercharger and pulley setup are you running?

Yes, I ran the boss short block for 4 years and just pulled it out. I am running a Novi 2200 HD oil fed head unit with a 3.48 pulley in the video above. At 7500 it is around 17 psi. I run a Boss intake also.

I noticed the motor was using a little antifreeze every time I raced, when it was pulled found a small crack in the #3 cylinder. The car ran fine however, The last pass was a 9.26 at 149... then drove it 60 minutes home. That motor was unbelievably strong. It had a little over 5000 street miles and well over 600 passes.

This combo dyno'd at 856 rwp on a Mustang dyno at 6700 rpms..... but we rev'd it to 7500. So my guess is around 900 rwp. The Boss internals are strong for sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread