Next weakest link?

TrucidoDeus

Established Member
So I just got done changing the gears to 3.73, rebuilding the traklok, and resealing the rear differential. During this I upgraded the cover to the Ford Racing cover, having read about many horror stories involving the stock cover.

I'm planning on buying a set of the MT ET Street R 305/45r17's here shortly and possibly taking a couple trips up to the track. I was just curious, what the next weakest link will be drivetrain-wise. It has an aluminum driveshaft in it now.

Probably either the halfshafts or the input shaft for the transmission I'm assuming? I'm not planning on launching too hard, especially since this will be my first actual time to a dragstrip.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
The halfshafts will probably break before the input shaft if you aren't making a ton of power. If you're in the 600+rwhp range, there is a good chance you break the input shaft. However, it's a mixed bag on the input shaft. Many people make them live for quite some time. The driveshaft shouldn't break any time soon.

One thing for sure is that the radials will be hard on the half shafts, hard launch or not. Next time you need a clutch, upgrade to 26 spline. Order new half shafts when these break, it's an hour long job to replace both of them.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Don't go to the track on radials. If you do what you do don't dump the clutch. Slip it out and you will be fine. Practice on the street in a safe area first.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread