Oil pan capacity test pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
Either that, or he's out riding his bicycle, or towing things behind his Cobra, or espousing the benefits of Griggs/Fiske/whatever else the hell he has on his car...or he has committed suicide (Cobracide?) after seeing this thread. Poor little feller, he lived and died by the Ford Manual, because after all, they are the engineers and they know best!

EDIT: And another thing applicable about this thread and cobraasshatracer46, as my granddaddy told me: Son, never try to teach a pig to sing. All it does is waste your time and annoy the pig.

Last edited:

SPXTrader

Certified Loon
Established Member
08-15-2007, 10:44 PM #12
cobraracer46
triathlete

Car: 2001 SVT COBRA
Trader Rating: (0) Quote:
Originally Posted by southcarolina
My wife is ready to lemme start whittlin on her 2001 SVT Cobra. Where did you all start? What is a good easy one or two things I can do now to start with to give this machine something more than the stock power it currently has???

Since You have a Convertible, I would get a Griggs Frame kit and Griggs weld in Convertible roll bar as soon as possible.

I would also recomend a set Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks and Fikse wheels in a 17X10.5 and 17X9 size and 315 35 17 and 275 40 17 Goodyear GSD3 tires.

A trailer hitch might also be a good mod on your Cobra if You are looking to make the car more practical.

The thread is still on the first page of the forums!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
REX-RACER said:
Very cool indeed!

Someone needs to send this link to FoMoCo and demand explanation for what looks more and more like a misrepresentation in the owners manual . . . even given all that hooey about dipstick TSBs!

However, is it possible that the Mach 1 oil pan is different than than '99/'01 Cobra oil pan? Even though the engines are very similar, it's certainly been noted enough times that they are not identical and this could be one of the many small differences between the two?
Not to mention the design flow of the heads?....

Great post OP.

01Venom - I'm right here........and for the record...I am glad this was posted, and was planning on posting my appreciation.....so thanks for the smartass comments. :rollseyes

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Nice!
I've been running 6.5, but shoot, I'll go ahead and pour that half in from now on....

BlueVenom01

Established Member
01 Venom said:
cobraracer is busy racing duh, he has no time for this

yeah..racing to the nearest autozone to pick up another qt of oil to put in the motor...but of course, he would never admit to doing it :rolleyes:

01 Venom

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Not to mention the design flow of the heads?....

Great post OP.

01Venom - I'm right here........and for the record...I am glad this was posted, and was planning on posting my appreciation.....so thanks for the smartass comments. :rollseyes
Hey man chill, you were dishing some pretty smart ass comments yourself last post. Just talkin shit

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Nice pics. It's hard to argue w/data like those pics show. I've been a 6.5 qt guy until now. I've noticed previously that 6.5 is 1/2 way up the readable area on the dipstick after the engine has been off a couple of minutes but it would go almost to the top after sitting all night. Time to check 2 min & overnight readings after adding 7 qt.

Thanks for taking the trouble to snap & post the pics!! I can't believe that my reply is on the 3rd page though -- this is the first time I've seen it!!

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
BreBar21 said:
Awesome pics!! It's time for an oil change too. 7qt ftw.
yes it is...
BrookhavenTuner said:
I didnt know there was an argument over this.....
Its been ranging for years....(it is amazing that it took this long for someone to post pics and be done with it, thanks quad, and quik01)

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
It helped me out alot too. Thanks to quad for sure.... good idea man.... I'm so glad I took the time to do these tests. Cause not only is it gonna help save my motor but many others. Could have saved mine :-(...

03MACH150BP

2003 Mach1 Slowmatic
Established Member
This is a great informational post. Nice job. One question. When motor oil heats up does it increase in volumn or stay the same?

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
03MACH150BP said:
This is a great informational post. Nice job. One question. When motor oil heats up does it increase in volumn or stay the same?

it will increase in volume, but I don't believe it will make a huge difference in the fluid level.

Nazman

Established Member
Great info.

Thanks for posting. Ill do the same with my Canton "7qt" Pan and see what it looks.

I was running 9qts on it just to get it to read on the dip stick.

Naz

Nazman said:
Great info.

Thanks for posting. Ill do the same with my Canton "7qt" Pan and see what it looks.

I was running 9qts on it just to get it to read on the dip stick.

Naz

Naz. when I had the 7qt Canton on my 01 Cobra it always took me about 8 1/2 qts just read 3/4 of the way up the dipstick. Sounds liek you are definitely in the right ballpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread