Oil Pressure gauge acting up

pauli864

Established Member
So recently i did the MM oil filter relocate kit and rebuild the Oil cooler with new O-rings and the gasket that sandwiches on the block.. any ways after i installed it i drove the car to cars and coffee over the weekend and i notice at idle the needle goes all the way down like if i turned the car off but the sec i start to drive it goes back up to normal ended up getting the car home i did the following i checked my engine oil and its reading full i also replaced the oil pressure switch on the cooler for a new one the car idled for about 15-20 min and the needle never dropped so i was sure i fixed it but when i start to roll down the driveway it starts to surge needle goes down for 2 seconds then back to normal then back down im confused. also another thing the left AN fitting on the adapter plate that screws on to the oil cooler engine side is leaking oil not super fast but enough that in 5-10 min it will start to drip every min would that be just enough to make the needle go down?? esp now that i extended the oil filter back off the original location 6inches to a foot away?? also could it also be possible that the hoses are not going in the right direction like could they be crossed does it matter how i connect them would that mess it up?? ill add pictures of how its connected and the leak i hope someone cant help!
Oh yeah btw the hoses go from the oil cooler adapter (engine side) left side to the right side on the oil filter adapter and right side from engine to left side filter adapter if that makes sense i added picture to help a little

20180204_2128031_zpsajzuvuuj.jpg

20180204_2013591_zps42u7zmr8.jpg

20180204_2013481_zps6qcho72a.jpg

03' White Snake

Established Member
Yes they matter which line is which. The oil filter has a check valve in it. Hopefully you didn't starve the engine of oil and cost yourself a new engine.

Stock gauge is a dummy, turns on at 5 psi. It should be 90 psi cold and like 50-60 psi when warmed up. Get an aftermarket oil pressure gauge on there and check it. Hopefully it's not too late for you.

pauli864

Established Member
Yes they matter which line is which. The oil filter has a check valve in it. Hopefully you didn't starve the engine of oil and cost yourself a new engine.

Stock gauge is a dummy, turns on at 5 psi. It should be 90 psi cold and like 50-60 psi when warmed up. Get an aftermarket oil pressure gauge on there and check it. Hopefully it's not too late for you.

shit hopefully not i will check it out thanks for the info like i said it all sounds fine engine wise it drives normal you would never think anything but obviously something is not right

Users who are viewing this thread