On3 Fuel Hat - worth it?

THE BULLITT

Established Member
I have used the on3 fuel system in my 2013 Lund was doing the tuning and it came down to having to swap it all out for a fore system.
On3s coyote kit is trash and isn't really e85 safe..
Also the fuel hat leaks bad were wired come out as it's not sealed unless u seal it urself with a epoxy pr jbweld tank weld.
Also the pumps are not that great as Lund says they will not support enough fuel for what I'm doing 4 digit crank number.. also there rubber hose is not e85 safe like they told me it was. I got standard fuel hose.
Also there fuel hat construction is just not right. U gotta place the crossover tube at a f'ed up angle were u could break it if not careful. The way the fuel returns to tank is retarded in the hat,
And there is no upgrading fuel pumps as the hat is only designed for their pumps...
Plus u have to run a standard rubber hose in the tank from pumps to hat which e85 will start to break that down over time... plus I noticed each pump flows a different base psi. They are not equalized.
Also there cheap garbage regulator failed with 650 miles on it. As random fuel pressure drops when it was running hot a while in 80 degree heat and when u shut pumps down instead of fuel instantly bleeding off it would gradually bleed off randomly... same with startup sometimes its fast boom. And others it climbs up slowly.

Came to find out fuel was getting past the diaphragm and into the upper spring area were the map reference is and fuel was getting into the vac block from regulator.

On3 was contacted about the fuel system and I never got a response back.

So this was bought in spring of 17 installed over the summer used in fall for 650 miles for engine break in and it's just junk.

I installed fore products and not one problem... you get what u pay for includes customer service also.
Let alone the turbo kit from them I was lied about them fixing issues I found online. I had every known issue plus some. I got excuse after excuse from them also about that.
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/on3-fuel-hat-worth-it.1093979/

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have the Sai Li fuel system with the upgraded on3 fuel hat and twin 465's with standard lines. So far I haven't had any issues though I am intending to swap out to PTFE hoses down the line to hold up better to e85 and cut down on the smell.

Another good option to consider would be your Lethal Performance kits, The kit uses s Division X hats that has the ability to hold a bunch of different fuel pump options, and you can go with PTFE or Fragola push-light lines.

Users who are viewing this thread