Opinion: 2012 grand sport v. '17 PP GT

calebdnehus

Established Member
Have a chance to pick up a 2012 grand sport vette but have to get rid of my 17 performance pack. What's y'all saying opinion on the grand sport v the S550 performance pack mustang

calebdnehus

Established Member
I don't really have any needs as I have a company car that will cover all that. I'm 23 and no kids for a long time so no back seat is fine for me. I guess I'm not really sure what I want. I want fast for sure, something confidence inspiring at high speed. I used to want a C6 Z06 when I was kid but I realized I couldn't ever afford one

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Given that you have a daily and dont need a back seat, it's a no brainer, corvette.

Now, the better knews are that if you can afford a 12' GS, you can afford a c6z06.

calebdnehus

Established Member
That is true I guess when you look at it that way. Ill brew on it for a little bit and report back with my decision. I always wonder what a new Ford model purpose built to take corvette sells would look like

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Its just a matter of whether you want a brand new car with a subjectively nicer interior and warranty or if you prefer a more unique vehicle, that handles better and is faster. Pick your poison.

As for your last sentence, Ford's unofficial answer to the vette is the shelby...

calebdnehus

Established Member
Yeah, I get what your saying. The Z06 is one hell of a unique car for sure. I can count on one hand how many I've seen on the road around where I am. And it's like 1 or 2 my entire life. I've got a base PP car right so technically the leather would be an upgrade.

Yeah, I loved how the 13-14 GT500 handled its own against the vette with all that power it was putting down. Drove one of those the other day and it was crazy

calebdnehus

Established Member
Well heres the update, I had some sort of crazy disease that made me consider leaving the mustang family last week but I finally came to my senses. I am keeping my lightning blue '17 pp and using the down payment money I had to buy a VMP stage 2. It was ordered today :D

Users who are viewing this thread