pics of my new toy

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
45 SCALE speed or real MPH??? They always use those terms to make models seam fast, and when you finally get it outta the box and run it WOT...you find that you could run faster then that...backwards...in the rain.

I'd imagine by the look of it that it's the real deal! Looks nice! :beer:

MAXX RS4

Established Member
Ahh, the good ole t-maxx. I had two in my time. The biggest money pits that never ran a damn minute without breaking!

f837376c.jpg

fc7724c7.jpg

fd8578f6.jpg

fdafd677.jpg

fdc84c9c.jpg

Those are all my r/c's. The 1/8th buggy and the street car are both up for grabs if anyone wants to buy them. The buggy is well capable of doing 50+mph and jumping 15+ft in the air, handling like an f1, and running forever without breaking. The street car has never reached top speed because it takes flight before it's able to. I jammed a .21 motor (2-3hp rating) into a 1.5lb car, and a two speed transmision to boot. I'd say it's gone 65+ and is capable of much more with the the right suspension setup..

They're fun as hell and I'm going to miss it all. I'll be back before I die though..

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
I wasn't aware until recently that some people seem to sink som SERIOUS money into these models...I mean REAL money. I guess everyone has their poison.

More power to um too! :coolman:

blowncobra97

Established Member
lol oh yeah i agree maxx rs4, i bought alot of aftermarket aluminum parts off ebay, plastic tranny gears, lasted about 5 minutes, tough though because the 3.3 is new and there isnt alot of aftermarket stuff out there yet

mcaligiuri

Established Member
yeah i had one before i bought my cars. HAd a bored out motor 2 speed tranny and tuned exhaust. Thing did like 60+ mph hit a bump thing went airborne broke the whole rear end spent $100 to repair it, then sold it for $200. lol. reall expensive, id rather waste my money on my real car.

blowncobra97

Established Member
"yeah i had one before i bought my cars. HAd a bored out motor 2 speed tranny and tuned exhaust. Thing did like 60+ mph hit a bump thing went airborne broke the whole rear end spent $100 to repair it, then sold it for $200. lol. reall expensive, id rather waste my money on my real car."
mcaligiuri, Oh iv sunk pleanty of money into may car

96badvenm

Established Member
t-maxx 3.3 very nice.. i work at hobbytown here in omaha, i used to mess around with those alot... now i just fly the planes.

jdogwelch

Established Member
Rc

Nice. It is sooo easy to drop a couple hundred on them. Take it out once and break it, drop some more dough and then break it again. Argh... I loved it though.

Users who are viewing this thread