Procharger leaking oil?

Bryanh24

Established Member
Got home today and noticed oil on the ground. Checked to see if it was oil filter or drain plug and was not. Decided to check out the procharger and sure enough I see oil around the outlet tube that goes from the procharger to the intercooler. Has this happened to anyone else? Just got it installed a few weeks ago... maybe 700 miles on it. I'll attach some pictures below. Let me know! Thanks!
IMG_6708[1] (1).JPG
IMG_6718[2].JPG
IMG_6715[1].JPG
IMG_6711[1].JPG

Coosawjack

Established Member
Is your PCV system functional and is the inlet air source on the inlet side of the ProCharger??

I have had several rebuilds of my P1SC (on 2004 Marauder) due to leaks but found the culprit was the PVC tube on the inlet!!o_O

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Any update on this, is Procharger going to repair it for you. Its obvious the seal inside the unit is leaking but I have no idea why it is. Keep us updated.

Bryanh24

Established Member
Any update on this, is Procharger going to repair it for you. Its obvious the seal inside the unit is leaking but I have no idea why it is. Keep us updated.
Yes, procharger is repairing it for me under warranty.

Bryanh24

Established Member
Did you check the oil in the procharger?
I did and it didn't seem like it had oil. So I added 6 ounces then drained it and it was 12 ounces of oil in there.... So maybe it was oil getting into the intake from the PCV valve. I'll see what procharger tells me. Should have it back within a week.

Bryanh24

Established Member
Is your PCV system functional and is the inlet air source on the inlet side of the ProCharger??

I have had several rebuilds of my P1SC (on 2004 Marauder) due to leaks but found the culprit was the PVC tube on the inlet!!o_O
I am pretty sure it was the procharger. But I might add a pcv breather on the driver side to ensure it isn't the procharger that is leaking when I get it back. I guess we will see what procharger says when they receive it. It may have been motor oil after all.

Coosawjack

Established Member
Put a catch can on the PCV line that attaches to the ProCharger intake tube!! I found that when under pressure the Crank Case tends to be pressurized especially if you don't have a PCV valve that closes upon seeing boost...which I have!!:cool:
The killer is the partial vacuum pulled at the ProCharger intake where the PCV line attaches.....it starts pulling oil vapor that condenses in the line and soon you are pulling oil into the ProCharger from the PCV intake line.....hope this make sense??o_O
Take the blower output hose off and check the oil accumulated in it......much thicker than PC oil and does not have the PC oil odor......easily fixed by a cheap catch can on the PCV line!!;)
Good Luck!!:)

Bryanh24

Established Member
Put a catch can on the PCV line that attaches to the ProCharger intake tube!! I found that when under pressure the Crank Case tends to be pressurized especially if you don't have a PCV valve that closes upon seeing boost...which I have!!:cool:
The killer is the partial vacuum pulled at the ProCharger intake where the PCV line attaches.....it starts pulling oil vapor that condenses in the line and soon you are pulling oil into the ProCharger from the PCV intake line.....hope this make sense??o_O
Take the blower output hose off and check the oil accumulated in it......much thicker than PC oil and does not have the PC oil odor......easily fixed by a cheap catch can on the PCV line!!;)
Good Luck!!:)
Yeah that might be the problem! What catch can did you get? Not trying to spend 200 dollars on a catch can.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Guys, if it was the PCV wouldnt the oil be inside of the charge pipe and not leaking on the outside?

Coosawjack

Established Member
Yeah that might be the problem! What catch can did you get? Not trying to spend 200 dollars on a catch can.

I just put a cheap one from Ebay in line and no more oil in the blower!!:)

It was inside the pipe and leaked out around the coupling at the ProCharger......oil has a way of getting everywhere in time!!o_O

Users who are viewing this thread