Question about lowered car + Alignment

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Alright guys, so I recently burned through a set of tires after 5 years of having the car and took it to ford to get replacement tires + an alignment since I had it lowered a few years back, and have noticed un-even tire wear. Keep in mind its certainly not slammed, and is only lowered maybe 1.5/1.75 inches. So my go-to ford dealer calls me and says they need to order a "cam kit" in order to perform the alignment.... that's news to me. They said it would be $550 installed just for that kit..... Now what I'm confused about is I've followed mustang forums for a long time, and searched for this, and found nothing. Two different representatives used the same term "cam kit" and did not refer to it as 'camber plates' or anything of the sort.

Any clue what they're talking about?

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Believe it's just some nuts and bolts to get the cars geometry back into factory spec.

$550 to get your car aligned seems a bit outrageous.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I would suggest getting some caster camber plates. Camber bolts may work but caster camber plates are far superior and will allow you to dial in your front suspension the best.

Users who are viewing this thread