Rear Suspension Question

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Alignment shows my rear axle has -0.2 degree camber on the driver side and +0.2 degree camber on the passenger side. I think this basically says the entire axle is tilted slightly toward the passenger side (driver side higher and passenger side lower).

Anyone have any ideas why?

The car is lowered with Steeda Sport Springs, Whiteline Upper, Lowers, Relocation brackets, Panard Bar.

Yesterday I dropped the axle. As I lowered it I noticed the axle remained tilted slightly. I disconnected the shocks and sway bar and it remained slighted tilted, even with the springs out of the picture. So I disconnected the panard bar and bingo, the axle leveled out and shifted slightly to the driver side.

So I think it's the panard bar pulling at an angle toward the passenger side. Is this normal?

The only other thing is the lower control arms? Though if I remember correctly the alignment showed the thrust angle to be good. ( ie rear axle angle compared to front)

I don't know why it shifted slightly to the driver side after disconnecting the panard bar.

basspro302

Established Member
Its nothing to worry about. Camber numbers are in relationship to level ground not the body of the car. Most likely the rack isn’t level or the alignment heads were not calibrated perfectly. When i used to do alot of alignments .2 is almost perfect. Take it to another shop and remeasure it if you are worried.

Users who are viewing this thread