Sct tuner advice

01yellercobra

Established Member
OK, that's what I thought, I found a video of a guy doing just that with an 04 Mach 1. I ask this because my car has an old SCT switch chip in it, and because of this I can't fully mount the ECU in it's bracket. Plus the tune is from 09, so I figure a newer tuner and tune will be in order when I start changing parts.
I wouldn't worry too much for now. Tunes don't change. But yeah, when you start changing parts you'll want to get an updated tune.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
This may be a stupid question, but if I buy an X4 can the tune that I have in my car now (via X3) be ported into the X4? Or will a new tune have to be made?

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I wouldn't worry too much for now. Tunes don't change. But yeah, when you start changing parts you'll want to get an updated tune.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Well that is likely a long ways away, the car has a major driveablility issue that I can't seem to get sorted.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
This may be a stupid question, but if I buy an X4 can the tune that I have in my car now (via X3) be ported into the X4? Or will a new tune have to be made?

A new tune. SCT only supports transferring tunes or reading the existing tune for GM products. Not Ford.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
A new tune. SCT only supports transferring tunes or reading the existing tune for GM products. Not Ford.

You think I could data log with a newer tuner without loading up a tune? I have an old SCT 6600 and I would like to be able to log.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Yes you can data log just fine with a chip on the ECU. I do it all the time.

Nice, I was looking at X4's cause they have a rebate going on right now, I want to retune the car later and ditch the chip that is installed. Being able to log the car will at least justify the expenditure on the tuner in the mean time.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Nice, I was looking at X4's cause they have a rebate going on right now, I want to retune the car later and ditch the chip that is installed. Being able to log the car will at least justify the expenditure on the tuner in the mean time.

Shoot me a PM on the X4.

cj428mach

Established Member

Malcolm has the stuff to read your current chip, maybe it would be possible for him to copy your existing tune to your handheld if you're not adding any new mods.

Users who are viewing this thread