Seat upgrade

po-po 5.0

Established Member
I use my car primarily on the road course, and am interested in a seat upgrade as the bolsters on my stockers are torn, and they don't hold me in place anyway. Are the 03/04 bolsters enough of an upgrade to get one of the foam and cover kits from TMI or should I be looking aftermarket?

01yellercobra

Established Member
If your main use is the road course I'd go aftermarket. The 03/04 bolsters aren't that much bigger if at all. Plus you could save a few pounds going aftermarket.

Last edited:

Dave.O

Established Member
I currently road/track an 03' with 4 point harness and like it quite a lot for holding me in the seat. But for the price of a set 03 seats you could get a much better and lighter set up, but may not be as comfortable on the street. I will be going with a different set up in a 99 I just acquired

PO-PO, where do you track in Houston?
I am frequently at MSRH and TWS/PDS (like once a month), but also have been to COTA and cresson in the past. I track with most frequently with drivers edge and PDS, but also track with SCCA, NASA, WRL and Chin on occasion. I'm the guy in the silver terminator if you've seen it in grid

Users who are viewing this thread