Should i run wheel spacers??

Jonnathan_

I have a 2001 Mustang GT and i bought a new set of deep dish wheels. I plan on running 275/40/18 all around with 10.5" wheels. However, offset is 15+. Should i run 1/2" wheel spacers with stock studs safely? Ill take the spacers and wheels off when i run it at the track and replace it with my 315s. I want my wheels to sit flush with fenders as it is also lowered 1.5".
I will only be using this wheel and spacer set up as a daily/weekend cruiser

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I'm running 1" spacer with my oem wheels which IIRC are +30mm offset and they are nearly flush, so 1/2" should work out good for you. I can't speak to running them on the stock wheel studs though, my 1" H&R spacers have studs built in so that's not an issue.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I have a 2001 Mustang GT and i bought a new set of deep dish wheels. I plan on running 275/40/18 all around with 10.5" wheels. However, offset is 15+. Should i run 1/2" wheel spacers with stock studs safely? Ill take the spacers and wheels off when i run it at the track and replace it with my 315s. I want my wheels to sit flush with fenders as it is also lowered 1.5".
I will only be using this wheel and spacer set up as a daily/weekend cruiser

Per Maximum Motorsports:
There must be 6 full turns of engagement of the lug nut on the stud after installation of the wheel spacer.
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/assets/install/pdf/wheels/MMWS.pdf

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/tech_wheels_spacers.aspx

Scud2

Established Member
I run 1/4 inch spacers and have 9 full turns. Be careful with the 1/2 inch ones. I think some require you to get longer studs. That may throw thing off on the other wheels. Either way...I am positive 1/4 gets 9 full turns on the rear wheels. I have a 2001 gt as well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread