Sold My TT 5.0 For

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
... Not another car, lol. Decided that it was time to move on recently and get out of my car as I am trying to save for either buying or maybe even building a house on family land. I knew that if I were to keep the car it was going to keep snowballing and end up being so far to where I would never be able to get rid of it. Which I would have been okay with, but my wallet disagreed lol. Ended up selling it privately to a great individual and he keeps me updated on the car. I miss it at times but not near as much as I was expecting, mostly knowing that I can always get another and the thing was a major pain in my ass since day 1 LOL.

Here's a few pics of it:

New owner sent me this one the other day
38835433295_e88cf1cb9b_b.jpg

Day it left me
36841016174_5924bc94d8_b.jpg

23467625088_73e55c0c27_b.jpg

36459873921_5edefb882d_b.jpg

36429216392_7a1ca45880_b.jpg

36201269580_e07a8b6605_b.jpg

Annnd the replacement. 2016 GMC Sierra, All Terrain, in Red Crimson Tintcoat. It had 18k on it when I bought it. Went to buy a new one in blue, but none of them had a heated steering wheel/sunroof so I decided to save a little cash and went this route. It's still under factory warranty with a few years left so that was another plus. Had them throw in a bed cover when I bought it. Traded in my 2006 with 175k on it and they sold it the same day which was crazy to me, lol.

I've got a little over 20k on it now and couldn't be any happier with it. Only complaint is how much DOD sucks ass, as driving through town the thing doesn't know WTF it wants to do. I plan on getting the Range active fuel disabler for it as I don't want to void the warranty with a tune. I've heard a lot of good things on it, and plan on trying it out soon. Also the fact that it doesn't have cooled seats... Beyond me as to why it doesn't. The All Terrain has the most badass seats, I think, out of any of the Sierra's and they don't have cooling vents. For the price and being higher up than the SLT, I'd expect it to be standard.

38387021704_af03038ace_b.jpg

Went and had Weathertechs the second day I had it, must have for any truck that will actually be used as a truck, IMO.

24343405857_cb7cd253cf_b.jpg

38497248814_34239b958b_b.jpg

38579487355_b3861642cb_b.jpg

39427683102_74aecd77ff_b.jpg

Future plans are a full correction and CQuartz like I did on my 5.0, level, and it will get some 33's come spring time as I actually love the stock wheels on these AT's and feel no need, at the moment, to change it. Plus I love the clean look of the stock wheels with a nice M/T on them!

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Hope you at least straightened your exhaust tips before you sold the car...

Truck is sexy.

I seriously messed with those tips every time I drove the car. They would never stay, lol. Thanks dawg.

I like the color.

Thank ya! I wasn't sold on it till I saw it in person. Pictures really do it no justice. Looks amazing in the sun and even better with dusk lighting!

ryanro24

Established Member
Beautiful truck! I've got the range technology afm disabler for my '17 Silverado. It works perfectly. Plug it into the OBD port and no more 4 cylinder mode. No CELs or any other kind of problems. Some people complain of battery drain/dead battery but I've had mine plugged in for over 3 months and haven't had a problem with it. As long as you daily drive your truck you're good.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Beautiful truck! I've got the range technology afm disabler for my '17 Silverado. It works perfectly. Plug it into the OBD port and no more 4 cylinder mode. No CELs or any other kind of problems. Some people complain of battery drain/dead battery but I've had mine plugged in for over 3 months and haven't had a problem with it. As long as you daily drive your truck you're good.

I drive it every day or every other day at minimum; I ride to work with a buddy and we switch every day but I do stuff in town during the day so it gets driven daily. Glad to hear I can just leave it plugged in though, that was one thing I would have hated had I needed to take it out every time. Thanks!

Bitter sweet. I do like the truck though.

I agree, it was weird seeing it drive off in someone else's hands. Thank ya! Sadly, I get more compliments on my truck than I did the car... Lol

I liked those wheels you had on it.

The beadlocks or the 20's? Lol. Niche Targa's for my street setup then it had a 15x10 Champion XV Stripster for racing.

I love those GMC trucks. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford one.

They're awesome man, I really enjoy it. Crazy how smooth this thing is on the highway/interstate. Compared to my old truck, it's not even close LOL.

GerryMX

Established Member
That's bittersweet. You can't go wrong with GMC Sierra. That color is totally cool in person. One customer at the shop brought the same truck and color for a new set of tires, kmc wheels, and alignment along with some led lights installation. She got Borla muffler it sounds great.

Last edited:

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Nice ride and welcome to gmc family.

What’s is this dod dis able device you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
That's bittersweet. You can't go wrong with GMC Sierra. That color is totally cool in person. One customer at the shop brought the same truck and color for a new set of tires, kmc wheels, and alignment along with some led lights installation. She got Borla muffler it sounds great.

I agree 100%. Any pics of that truck? I am debating on wheels for it; probably keep the stock wheels and throw tires on it instead. Cleaner, more OEM look to it that way.

Nice ride and welcome to gmc family.

What’s is this dod dis able device you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

It's the Range AFM Disabler. Plug it into the OBD2 port and it keeps the truck from going into V4 mode. It's untraceable too, so it can not void any warranty as it's just a plug in.

GerryMX

Established Member
I agree 100%. Any pics of that truck? I am debating on wheels for it; probably keep the stock wheels and throw tires on it instead. Cleaner, more OEM look to it that way.

I'm gonna take a pic or two the next time he visits. I personally would keep it stock as well.

Users who are viewing this thread