Sound now unacceptable after installing offroad H-pipe. Need advice!

JDos1

Established Member
5-10 hp isn't a huge deal for the sound difference. Chambereds don't rob a lot of power and to say you can feel the difference in a few hp is just a mind over matter ordeal.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
My car currently has a completely stock exhaust, gonna be putting a lethal off road H on and nothing else. I don't see how this setup is gonna be too loud, I can't see paying $250-$300 for takeoff GT500 mufflers or $600+ for others like Corsa so sticking with oem.I have an off road H with a Mac chambered catback on my 99 Cobra and it sounds wicked!

Last edited:

JDos1

Established Member
My car currently has a completely stock exhaust, gonna be putting a lethal off road H on and nothing else. I don't see how this setup is gonna be too loud, I can't see paying $250-$300 for takeoff GT500 mufflers or $600+ for others like Corsa so sticking with oem.I have an off road H with a Mac chambered catback on my 99 Cobra and it sounds wicked!

You can find GT500's local on CL for less than $225. Most of them aren't take off, do remember that Ford offered them as an aftermarket new option as well. That's what most of them are. Either way they're a deal.

The OEM axleback, with resos, and an offroad H is QUIET. Sounds good but quiet. Don't ever buy new axlebacks. There's so many on the market and now that the 15+ cars are out, people are ditching their 11-14's and aftermarket A/B's are getting much cheaper in the used market. Used to you couldn't get used Borla S types for under $550. Now you can easily find them for $350-425.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Romm I had the same set up as your wife had originally and I agree it's a little too quiet for me too. I then went to a pypes off road X and wow it sounds super mean now. Cold start is pretty loud but nothing crazy. After warm though just cruzing around its not loud at all. If you get into it though it wakes up really nice but still by no means too loud. I've even had people ask me if that's how it came stock but it's definitely a lot more aggressive than cats on. IMO it's the perfect set up. Ive had lots of people roll down their windows at a light going man that sounds great, what kind of exhaust do you have. Always a good feeling when that happens and if I can I give them a nice earful of it when the light turns green :rockon:

ROMM

Established Member
Had the Dynomax race bullets installed today. It worked! Car sounds great! I actually like it better than when I had cats + RTR's initially - and I really liked that sound. Like others have stated, the sound is a bit deeper. Not as loud, and not annoying anymore. Not getting any drone either. I was hoping to do some videos before and after, but I can't find the darn charger for my camera battery.

So just to sum up, I now have a quad muffler setup. Two Dynomax race bullets (straight through type), into two RTR Competition axle backs (chambered). All through an offroad H-pipe.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Had the Dynomax race bullets installed today. It worked! Car sounds great! I actually like it better than when I had cats + RTR's initially - and I really liked that sound. Like others have stated, the sound is a bit deeper. Not as loud, and not annoying anymore. Not getting any drone either. I was hoping to do some videos before and after, but I can't find the darn charger for my camera battery.

So just to sum up, I now have a quad muffler setup. Two Dynomax race bullets (straight through type), into two RTR Competition axle backs (chambered). All through an offroad H-pipe.

Sounds good. Might have to put these on the v6. When accelerating 2000-2500 it has a weird interior noise.

Canadian5.0

Established Member

I did long tubes w/catted x and borla atak's. Was beyond stupid so I put the stock mufflers back on till the s-types came in and I absolutely hated my car for 2 weeks. Stock tiny tips and the sound was garbage to me.

S types are still a little loud with anything over 20% throttle. Almost wished I went with tourings.

Coosawjack

Established Member
I have a pair of Magnaflows Streets that will quiet it some and give you a deep rumble with what you describe you have otherwise.....PM me if ya wanna try 'em!!;)

97snakebite

Established Member
MagnaFlow exhaust is awesome Imo. To me they dramatically quite the car down until you get on it. But when you get on it keep your eyes and ears open

Users who are viewing this thread