SVTP stock pick thread.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Oh my sweet ****.
Stamp that blows.

But perhaps looking back and re anaylze the info you may find what you missed in your evaluation.

Im no seasoned pro investor, my stocks are basically limited to oil and pot.
But if you are hopefully you can see an error and fix it before you miss again.

Rare R

Established Member
Sold my MGTI when it hit around $8 last week. I bought back in on the dip & sold again. Not sure I will buy again
MGTI Bitcoin mining looks like it could generate 250 million in Revenue which would give it a basic value of roughly 1.2 b market cap, right now the market cap is roughly 220 million. Also looks like it could be up listed to the NASDAQ in 2018.
My thought is this stock should continue to grow through 2018.
http://iconalts.com/podcast-bitcoin-with-steve-schaeffer-mgt-crypto-capital-strategies/

Last edited:

Blackness03

Established Member
Depending on who you bought, I'd hold thru Canada July 1st legalization date atleast.

I had an unbelievable run up this week and people are predicting big things next week. I guess Canadians have fresh TSFA dollars to spend and the cannabis sector is on fire.

I bought 5,000 shares of MYHI last Friday at .013. Sitting around .17-.18 right now. I don't know what I'm doing but I'm seeing a small profit if I sell now. Than again, it's went up way higher few times before

pwrshft99

Established Member
I bought 5,000 shares of MYHI last Friday at .013. Sitting around .17-.18 right now. I don't know what I'm doing but I'm seeing a small profit if I sell now. Than again, it's went up way higher few times before

As a amateur, its really hard not to get super excited about the growth in the industry. Dont plan on selling anytime soon but I dont think these gains can continue.

I took a position in Advantis today.
https://n2pack.com

They have a patented process for sealing cannabis with nitrogen. These Canadian companies are expanding internationally, keeping product fresh will be key to building a good reputation. At $0.02 a share, its low risk on something that could POSSIBLY become industry standard.

Blackness03

Established Member
As a amateur, its really hard not to get super excited about the growth in the industry. Dont plan on selling anytime soon but I dont think these gains can continue.

I took a position in Advantis today.
https://n2pack.com

They have a patented process for sealing cannabis with nitrogen. These Canadian companies are expanding internationally, keeping product fresh will be key to building a good reputation. At $0.02 a share, its low risk on something that could POSSIBLY become industry standard.

I'll have to look into that one. MYHI just closed at 0.29. Jumped 98% in one day.

Blackness03

Established Member
Made my first ever successful trade. Bought into the weed stock thing before CA went legal at 0.13. Sold it at 0.37. Easy 1200bux. It tanked just hours later. Now I'd love to do it again.

96 cobra

Established Member
Made my first ever successful trade. Bought into the weed stock thing before CA went legal at 0.13. Sold it at 0.37. Easy 1200bux. It tanked just hours later. Now I'd love to do it again.

Very nice! The tanking might be a result of "a report that U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions is moving to revoke policies that allowed the legalization of marijuana to spread across several U.S. states..."

Curious, what stock was it?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice! The tanking might be a result of "a report that U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions is moving to revoke policies that allowed the legalization of marijuana to spread across several U.S. states..."

If Trump could just curb this and pave the way for legalization in the US before 2020, a second term is guaranteed.

Blackness03

Established Member

Thanks. It was MYHI. Company in AZ that specializes in helping startup weed companies

pwrshft99

Established Member

Sessions comment set off some panic yesterday. I took a beating but long term I'm not worried about it. Still up for the week

Really wish I had cash available to buy as prices are on the rebound today.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If Trump could just curb this and pave the way for legalization in the US before 2020, a second term is guaranteed.
I read some time back that his brother or someone had a drug overdose and so he has a personal vendetta against them.

Also, you guys are ballsier than I am with the weed stocks. I looked into them at one point but the volatility is a little too much for my blood.

Well, I was up like 7% over last year, so not great but not terrible. If it wasn't for the GE debacle I would have easily pushed into mid teens. I had way too much in that stock, I've since averaged down and I'm waiting for it to slowly crawl back up.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
I just started using the RobinHood app and bought my first few stocks. Just playing around with it for now. Picked up BIOC, PLX and PULM

Never_Enough

Established Member
I read some time back that his brother or someone had a drug overdose and so he has a personal vendetta against them.

Also, you guys are ballsier than I am with the weed stocks. I looked into them at one point but the volatility is a little too much for my blood.

Well, I was up like 7% over last year, so not great but not terrible. If it wasn't for the GE debacle I would have easily pushed into mid teens. I had way too much in that stock, I've since averaged down and I'm waiting for it to slowly crawl back up.
I am in a few weed stocks, but for very little money. If one hits, it's nice. If not, no big deal. Can't hurt to risk a small amount IMO

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
sold some PTIE this morning when it was on the move. Too ****ing soon as it went through the roof, halted trade, resumed and topped out at like 170%.
I better just stick to turning wrenches.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Threw $5000 at NVAX yesterday @ $1.2985. I wanted to get back in the game but everything seems to just keep going up and I don't want to get in at the top and ride the avalanche down. Got burned on IMGG and GRNO back in the day lol.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
sold some PTIE this morning when it was on the move. Too ****ing soon as it went through the roof, halted trade, resumed and topped out at like 170%.
I better just stick to turning wrenches.

Damn, that must have been a fun day. I would have loved to have something like that happen!

Next time put out the alert when it's on the rise so we can jump on board!

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
It would have been fun if I didn't sell at 7.00! Lol
For some reason I can pick them, but my timing for trading sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread