• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Things a good Coyote tune should do...

Discussion in 'Tuning À la carte' started by PaxtonShelby, Sep 5, 2017.

1. PaxtonShelby

PaxtonShelby Don't feed the ducks. They got disease. Established Member

image.png Hi all - hoping to get some insights here. I have a '14 GT M6 that is stock besides suspension upgrades and Borla S-type axle backs.

I have a SCT X4 ready to go and I am going to have the car dyno tuned by a reputable tuner who I trust completely. A few things I want out of a tune are improved throttle response (I absolutely hate the stock lag), and to raise the rev limiter to save my OPG's ( I have 3.73's and hit the limiter at the stripe while drag racing ). Of course I also want increased power on a 93 tune.

What other things should I ask for? Be as specific as you want. At some point I might do some upgrades like a CJ intake and I realize that will require a new tune, but for now I just want the 3 things I mentioned. At least that's all I KNOW I want.

Thanks guys!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. Mustang_02

Mustang_02 Member Established Member

Remove skip shift.

3. PaxtonShelby

Thanks - luckily '14s don't have it!

4. 1 Alibi 2

1 Alibi 2 If not today, when ?????? Established Member

" I have a SCT X4 ready to go and I am going to have the car dyno tuned by a reputable tuner who I trust completely. "
    I would want the car tuned on the street, put on the dyno afterwards to verify results & tweek as needed.

5. PaxtonShelby

Thanks Alibi. I assume the dyno tune will have before- and after- dyno runs along with some street driving to ensure great drivability.

Anyone else have items/issues they'd like to share?

6. StrayBullitt

StrayBullitt Active Member Established Member

Ghost cams ? lol, I'm jk

I would just want it to be responsive as possible, like as crisp of throttle response as possible.

You should do a 100 octane tune too !.. see if it makes much of a difference, I'd be curious how much better it feels on the street too.

I like moving the fan on temperature down a few degrees too..

7. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Dont be a Hybred Established Member

47lb injectors and e85 tune.... makes for a VERY snappy NA Coyote!

I ran that setup on my 2014 in between the blower and turbo kits... loved it so much i almost stayed N/A (almost).

StrayBullitt likes this.
  8. 03cobra#694

03cobra#694 Hey Boy! Staff Member Super Moderator

IMG_2804.JPG

Zemedici likes this.
  9. PaxtonShelby

Thanks Stray - I agree - throttle response is really the #1 thing I want. I'll ask about the fan temp setting as well.

Gimme - From the time I bought my car I had FI on my mind. That all changed once I rode in a tuned E85 Coyote with a CJ manifold and it was FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE. That mother pulled to 8k, and even with 3.31 gears it made my stock 3.73 track pack car feel like a turd. If only E85 was plentiful around me. If E85 gets more plentiful around me I could easily be satisfied staying NA. Maybe someday...

Do you guys know if it is possible to make it easier to disable AdvanceTrac ( or whatever it is called )? As you know, on a stock tune you have to hold down the brake and the traction control button simultaneously for 5 seconds. Is there a way to make this happen more quickly thru the tune?

10. Brutal Metal

Brutal Metal Well-Known Member Established Member

I'd forgo paying for a dyno tune with those limited mods, just get an email tune and load it unto your X4, AED, VMP, Lund.

gimmie11s likes this.
  11. PaxtonShelby

That's a good point Brutal. The dyno tune is not cheap, and my car is essentially stock, so the tune I am looking for wouldn't be anything fancy. I will look into the 3 you have mentioned and see what they offer and the cost. I really do like the shop I mentioned and enjoy giving him my business as he does great work, but for what is probably double the cost I can forego getting before and after dyno numbers and let my before and after track times tell me if I'm making more power.

12. Brutal Metal

Brutal Metal Well-Known Member Established Member

The 3 I listed have these cars dialed in real well...I'm stock and need to get one myself, I'm only gonna do an off road H pipe on mine..

PaxtonShelby likes this.
  13. 15PSI

15PSI Premium Member Premium Member

Add Ken @ Palm Beach Dyno to your choices.