Thoughts on new ID1050x injectors and VMP 100mm MAF conversion?

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
Hello everyone,

Think I'm going to pull the trigger on the 2.3 VMP TVS upgrade on Monday. I'm going to get the Bassani mid-lengths headers with the supercharger install on March 8 @ C&M performance. Marv told me to expect 600+ HP with the 3.0 upper and stock lower. I'm considering getting the new ID1050x injectors and VMP 100mm MAF conversion to the 05+ style MAF (VMP3500). Has anyone have any experience yet with the ID1050x injectors and the VMP 100mm conversion kit? Any help is greatly appreciated. O and for fuel, I'm just going with the VMP BAP at this point and consider a return style system in the future if I want more power.

Thanks much,

94slowbra1

Established Member
Pump or e85? If only running pump the id1050 or even the id100 would be overkill. Some 60s will get you there. With that being said I've heard good things about the 1050x injectors. Also Justin at fore speaks very highly of them.

MG0h3

Established Member
If you want E85 in the future do it right now. No comment on the new IDs, my 1000s work awesome.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
Only 93 pump this this time, want to go E85 and return fuel system in the future.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
Yep but get the appropriate injectors now. You can do the rest of the fuel system later.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I did it the opposite way, built the whole fuel system now and am saving the fuel injectors for when I switch over to e85. If I didn't run out of funds I would have done it all at once

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Yes, everything I've heard and read about the new 1050X is they are cutting edge tech and will allow you plenty of room to run the corn power and have piece of mind with extended corrosive fuel use ratings. I would do those.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
Yeah I'm going to go with the ID1050x's, if they improved upon the 1000's they should be good to go! Any guys out there use the VMP 100mm conversion? Any tuning issues or idling issues? Was looking at the JLT High boost with the VMP 3000 but started seeing tuning and idling issues when doing some research.

cj428mach

Established Member
I have had all the parts you mention....well i had ID1000's not the 1050's.

I maxed the 1000's out on e85 with my 2.3l TVS, 2.9" upper and 4lb lower stock long block.

I have a VMP100MAF conversion as well as my buddy with a similar combo and the MAF still has room to "grow" also no resolution issues.

I've had both a JLT True Cold Air and a JLT Ram Air intake on the car with this MAF and theres no issue with either. I do like the Ram Air because its easier to work around and with the heat shield in place I think it looks factory.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
Well, looks like VMP sent the wrong injectors and I found out on Injector Dynamics website that the ID1050x are incompatible with the stock ECU due to scaling limits so I'm going to exchange for the ID1000's and call it a day.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Well, looks like VMP sent the wrong injectors and I found out on Injector Dynamics website that the ID1050x are incompatible with the stock ECU due to scaling limits so I'm going to exchange for the ID1000's and call it a day.

Damn, really? That sucks they're not supporting the 03/04 factory ecu like the 1000

I checked the ID website and can't find that info, can you link that page you read that?

94slowbra1

Established Member
Well that sucks, I was going to go with the 1050x's soon when I did the e85 swap. I wonder why Justin recommended them if they won't work?

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
There is an asterisk next to the 99-04 cobra P/N and at the top it says, "All applications with an asterisk after the part number are incompatible with the stock ECU due to scaling limits."

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Well that sucks, I was going to go with the 1050x's soon when I did the e85 swap. I wonder why Justin recommended them if they won't work?

VMP needs to update their site as well....because I didn't see any notations on their advertisement for these and obviously they market a lot of products for 03/04 Cobras

There is an asterisk next to the 99-04 cobra P/N and at the top it says, "All applications with an asterisk after the part number are incompatible with the stock ECU due to scaling limits."

That is really disappointing....if I pull my blower to clean the intercooler I was going to swap to these. Bummer

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
Yeah, I'm just glad I found it before my install appointment and had to deal with it then. I also asked VMP if they were plug n play, I don't think they realize or maybe they know something we don't know. I sent them a message over the weekend but have not heard from them.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Wow....for all those applications that ID is making that injector for....only 2 have the asterisk

Mustang GT 97-04
Mustang Cobra 99-04

LOL

cj428mach

Established Member
Hmm thats odd.

The stock Cobra ECM can't process any injector value larger than 60lb/hr but its easily fixed by scaling so I don't see why its an issue. You just have to scale your tune by some percentage to get the injectors under the 60lb limit which is usually accomplished anyways when scaling the MAF.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Op, I give you one summer and then you'll want more power and e85. I thought I'd be content with 92 lol. I ended up having to drop tank again, put in bigger pumps, run a feed line, and did a dead head setup. Swapping out the 60's for id1000 was a piece of cake.

I'd it it once and be done.

Users who are viewing this thread