Torco? Advice please..

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
If you've been on this forum you may have seen earlier posts about the boss I got about a month ago. If not just a long story short makes a lot of power to much for pump gas no funds for return fuel system for e85 so going up in pulley size to take some boost out of it to run pump gas without reaching the knock limit. Anyways torco fuel additive. No experience with it. Tuner doesn't like their fuels but has no info about their additives. Sooooo input please? Thoughts suggestions? Also if you do suggest torco reckon it should be in the tank during the time on the dyno being tuned(my main ?)

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

milas

Established Member
I'm tuned for 91 octane pump, but run torco for safety so I won't run lean. I'd think you would tune for normal pump, and then add the torco for safety against detonation and knock. If you tune with the Torco, and forget it or get bad gas, you coukd have a problem. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Not too familiar with the torco. I have used the "Race Gas" concentrate a time or two to raise octane

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
I'm tuned for 91 octane pump, but run torco for safety so I won't run lean. I'd think you would tune for normal pump, and then add the torco for safety against detonation and knock. If you tune with the Torco, and forget it or get bad gas, you coukd have a problem. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I was thinking. That's my opinion to. I was just curious on other people's thoughts.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Nobody else has any input? Agree? Disagree?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I have run a total of 2 bottles. One bottle alone will turn your O2 sensors orange. That won't necessarily hurt them with a few uses, but could over time I would suppose.
Honestly, as stated above, use it as extra insurance against pre-ignition. It won't make the car run more rich. Without increasing ignition timing it will make the car run slower but safer. It's just a higher octane, so that prevents the fuel from exploding before it's supposed to from to excessive heat or too much ignition timing.
I was running with my buddy's GTR when my stock alternator went. My wideband (aem failsafe) flashed at me and I got out of it, but the car leaned to 13.5 for a second. I strongly believe the toco kept the fuel from pre-igniting.
Remember when you add octane (and don't adjust ignition timing) you will make less power as the explosion is not as good as a normal 91 octane explosion. Less energy content. The fuel is basically loaded with fire retardant if you want to look at it that way- it's keeping it from exploding, therefore less "bang" for the buck. It also controls how fast it burns.
Use it for safety and prepare to change some plugs and O2 sensors more often.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Torco rocks! Blew many a motor before I started using it. 770 RWHP on 93 tune with torco. Zero issues. Almost 20k miles.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Plenty of octane booster tests have torco coming out on top. Octanium, boostane, etc. There's some new stuff that only uses 2 oz per tank, BND Automotive Aces IV.

Most of this stuff is used by S550 owners over at 6G. If you look around at the site you'll be quick to use it at your boost level, and likely move to a larger pulley 3.65/3.5 max. That what they run, and they have a better flowing factory fuel system.

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Plenty of octane booster tests have torco coming out on top. Octanium, boostane, etc. There's some new stuff that only uses 2 oz per tank, BND Automotive Aces IV.

Most of this stuff is used by S550 owners over at 6G. If you look around at the site you'll be quick to use it at your boost level, and likely move to a larger pulley 3.65/3.5 max. That what they run, and they have a better flowing factory fuel system.

2887bb684dc60fa706b380f7ac6d0f2e.png

Those are my numbers as of right now on 93 pump gas. 2.9 whipple with a 3.0 pulley. The car was tuned in the mountains up there it was at around 14lb of boost so if I'm not mistaken here in sc closer to sea level I'm around 16lbs but the car is new to me as of right now the only fuel upgrade I know I have is ID1000's. I have a odd size pulley coming a 3.365. I believe it'll take around 4lbs of boost out. And I'm considering running the torco. I just don't want to have to replace sensors twice a year.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member

That ACES IV stuff is absolute junk. I had read about it and was looking for something better than TORCO, called the owner up, he explained all kinds of stuff and sounded convincing. I couldn't understand half of what he was telling me. Big words and mumbo jumbo. I ordered some, $100 for a little bottle. Added the recommended amount. Good thing for knock sensors, the car pulled 4 degrees timing. GARBAGE. Added more, same result. Went back to TORCO! Be aware of the ACES stuff. Just my results boys and girls.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
2887bb684dc60fa706b380f7ac6d0f2e.png

Those are my numbers as of right now on 93 pump gas. 2.9 whipple with a 3.0 pulley. The car was tuned in the mountains up there it was at around 14lb of boost so if I'm not mistaken here in sc closer to sea level I'm around 16lbs but the car is new to me as of right now the only fuel upgrade I know I have is ID1000's. I have a odd size pulley coming a 3.365. I believe it'll take around 4lbs of boost out. And I'm considering running the torco. I just don't want to have to replace sensors twice a year.

Been running TORCO for roughly 15,000 miles. Never replaced an O2 sensor with zero issues.

Newtermiowner03

Established Member
Been running TORCO for roughly 15,000 miles. Never replaced an O2 sensor with zero issues.

Awesome. Thanks for all the input so far. More would be appreciated. I'm leaning towards the torco for sure. Once I swap out the 3.0 for the 3.365 pulley I'm going to put it on the dyno again with 93 pump gas. And run torco during track passes just to be save.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Consider this as well for another option
75e4c379acdb052e1265367de789331c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread