upr rear coil overs

Marvin9075

Established Member
Does anyone have experience with UPR Rear Double Adjustable Coil Over Kit ? I have Upr's front coil over kit and I am pretty happy with it and the ride quality is pretty good... I am curious how the rear would be with there set up.... just want to lower the rear of the car so it looks even with the front... just don't want to sacrifice ride quality ... thanks for any help

Marvin9075

Established Member
BUMP.... trying to figure out what kind of setup I want to run in the rear... looking for recommendations for rear coil overs... I have seen uprs kit with Viking shocks and Q1a's coil overs with shocks. I also would like some info on upper and lower control arms.... the car is mainly street driven but I would like it to hook up better and assuming the stock control arms aren't cutting it ... I have a V2 intercooled set up making a little over 420 and in second gear the car slides everywhere... would like to stiffen it up and help it hook up better... thanks

Three21

Established Member
What tires are you running? Putting a good drag radial under it with a healthy sidewall will be your greatest improvement. I'm running Eibachs and Tokico 5-way adjustable shocks in the rear with C/O's up front so can't comment on rear C/O's.

Team Z makes a good set of double adjustable upper and lower control arms. Check your control arm bushings, if they are toasted or old then look into getting a set of uppers and lowers. Adjustablilty allows you to set pinion angle for better launches. I run solid bushings which are a little loud, but stiffened everything up considerably.

Weld-in sub-frame connectors help overall stiffness of the chassis.

Another cheap option you can play with is to loosen your front sway bar to help with weight transfer.

Marvin9075

Established Member
I am running mickey Thompson E/T streets 305/35R 18, they seem to work pretty well. I am sure my bushings have all gone to shit since the car has 127,xxx. From what I got from a couple of other people over on moddedmustangs forum , they are saying to run MM XD lower control arms, and run MM's stock upgraded upper control arms (FFRP) and also not run the poly bushings. I am going to pick up a set of Sub frames soon, to have welded in.

I have also been looking into MM's pan hard bar later down the road, and if I want to get crazy I ll do MM's Torque arm and eliminate the upper control arms. But I have heard this will cause a difference in NVH.

I really would like to do rear coil over kit either Upr's or QA1. But I haven't gotten to much feedback on people running them.

Users who are viewing this thread