Valve spring recomendations

FM58

Established Member
Will the Boss valve springs be okay for cam replacement? They are 67lbs to 157lbs?
Going with the L&M LM1 coyote cams btw.
Or go with the Trick Flow Springs 80lbs to 180?
Thanks

stangn

Established Member
What ever you chose I recommend checking the installed height. It's been a couple years for mine but I had to shim them to get the proper pressures. Goodson or JPC has the shims needed. Otherwise you'll spend money on springs and still float the valves.

FM58

Established Member
What ever you chose I recommend checking the installed height. It's been a couple years for mine but I had to shim them to get the proper pressures. Goodson or JPC has the shims needed. Otherwise you'll spend money on springs and still float the valves.
Thanks for the info

coolwater28

Da Beast!!!!!!
Established Member

Where did you find a installed height Mic that would work? Or how were you checking them without one if you don't mind me asking

dennisn

Established Member
You can also buy drop in springs that do not need to be shimmed. I got mine from Tim at mpr out of Florida. i did have issues with original springs I installed that were not shimmed. (they were supposed to be).

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
This is what Mike @ L&M told me when I was gathering info about his cams several months ago. Little vague but should give you and idea…

"The Boss springs are only 5 lbs more than stock.
We have springs in stock for those cams 30-40 lb more than stock
Spring $499
Titanium retainers $499

Take care, Michael"

Users who are viewing this thread