What are these white rings? picture

weider1717

Established Member
Guys,

A coworker noticed these and I have no idea what they are they don't belong this is not my car as they have made it a pain to insert an image I couldn't just upload the picture I took without putting it out there to get a URL but this picture shows the white rings pretty clearly on what is the brake booster line I guess they're just sitting there loose around the lines like on my car??

211360_BEE83C9B.jpg

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
That component is the suction accumulator for your A/C system. I believe that they are the remainder of cap tamper seals (to prevent contamination when new) like what you find on an open drinking water bottle. I cut them off and chucked them in the trash.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
^^Yep. I remember people were asking that same question when the S197 first came out. People were cutting them off and throwing them away. I joked that 30 years from now, people will be killing themselves trying to find those rings to complete their restoration projects. LOL

weider1717

Established Member
^^Yep. I remember people were asking that same question when the S197 first came out. People were cutting them off and throwing them away. I joked that 30 years from now, people will be killing themselves trying to find those rings to complete their restoration projects. LOL

Haha! You're 100% correct one day people will be putting these back I am an NCRS member I can totally see this too, lmao.

Thanks for the answers guys!

Users who are viewing this thread