What did you do for your Terminator today?

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I got that happening on my driver's side. I can hear it vibrate everyone I close my Door.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

95greenvert

Established Member
Did some routine maintenance today after buying my car about 2 months ago. I replaced the spark plugs and found them all about .042 gap which is not great for a 2.3 whipple setup. The car seemed to be missing at very light throttle but drove great other than that and had no CEL.
I installed NGK's with a .028 gap and need to test drive the car tomorrow to see if everything is good now.
Over the past 2 months I've installed dual Aeroforce gauges and had the car completely detailed with IGL Kenzo ceramic coating.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
cff27741869d8b3a1c71236f24201f77.jpg
5049ba6c8b8e0336d9c4d3110d1e51a4.jpg

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Made it half way through getting the front lower control arm out and came to the realization I have to unbolt the rack and pinion. Called it a night. Will tackle it again tomorrow.
f8f85a02e730092060686a64dd64aabd.jpg
755edae5df63122416cd178a6ecf7cff.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
d60a48819113ce9e5c5c0724acf68337.jpg

Went to cars and coffee. Can't remember the last time I've seen a mystichrome in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought that was a pic from NC for a second. I was parked next to a Mystichrome coupe at Cars and coffee in Morrisville NC yesterday morning.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I thought that was a pic from NC for a second. I was parked next to a Mystichrome coupe at Cars and coffee in Morrisville NC yesterday morning.

Nope Dayton, Oh lol. I was going to park next to him but there was 5.0 on one side then a challenger parked on the other side right before I could.

TP03

Established Member
20170805_172213_resized_1.jpg

Went on the WI rapids car cruise yesterday. Had a lot of fun, roughly 500 cars and ends with a car show and music. This pic was at the end, got parked next to this bad ass viper.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Finally got that A-arm bolt out. Had to call a friend for help. But got the old A-arm replaced with a new one. Just got the car buttoned up ready for shakedown drive.

I'm just gonna say - replacing the A-arm sucks. It really quickly becomes a 2 man job. Especially getting the driver's side front A-arm bolt out and putting the spring back in. I only did the driver's side - figured I'd tackle the passenger side next weekend when I have more time. Seems like I'm getting good as screwing up the job and needing time to get it corrected.

Oh - while the sway bar was unloaded - I replaced the sway bar bushings. The driver's side was in real bad shape, passenger side was alright. So I at least got that much done. Had the new bushings for at least 9 years just waiting for a moment to get them on... lol

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Finally got that A-arm bolt out. Had to call a friend for help. But got the old A-arm replaced with a new one. Just got the car buttoned up ready for shakedown drive.

I'm just gonna say - replacing the A-arm sucks. It really quickly becomes a 2 man job. Especially getting the driver's side front A-arm bolt out and putting the spring back in. I only did the driver's side - figured I'd tackle the passenger side next weekend when I have more time. Seems like I'm getting good as screwing up the job and needing time to get it corrected.

Oh - while the sway bar was unloaded - I replaced the sway bar bushings. The driver's side was in real bad shape, passenger side was alright. So I at least got that much done. Had the new bushings for at least 9 years just waiting for a moment to get them on... lol
That sounds about like my do it yourself mechanic jobs lol

awakened

Established Member
Put my radiator tag on. Bought it from Anchor Room and couldn't be happier with it. I've seen that people usually put the owner name on the last line but I decided to go with more car info.
cd7f329a1da6ad60f20f8a7b50db58ab.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

zredfire04

Established Member
today i drove it. spun the tires a few times while i was at it. the poly bushings that i installed in the IRS seem to have eliminated all the wheel hop i used to have, but the nitto 315s still can't hold the power on the street. they are better than the worn out bfg's it had on it when i got it though.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
This was yesterday - but I discovered I didn't put the spring in right when I replaced the A-Arm. The car was about 1.5 inches taller on the drivers side compared to the passenger side.

Yesterday I was able to essentially drop the A-Arm again - and with assistance correctly place the spring into position and then button it all up. I'm getting good at dropping A-arms now. The whole task took about probably 90 minutes for us start to finish.

Difference in height one side to the other now is less than 1/4 inch. I'm now satisfied it is correct.

Car still wants to go to the right - which I think might be small differences in the A-Arms. Still need to do the passenger side - which I think now will only take me 2 to 3 hours instead of all weekend. Just need to line up some help to perch the spring back in step....

After that clearly will an alignment too.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Put my radiator tag on. Bought it from Anchor Room and couldn't be happier with it. I've seen that people usually put the owner name on the last line but I decided to go with more car info.
cd7f329a1da6ad60f20f8a7b50db58ab.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Anchor room is top notch. I did the same bing instead of the owner name.

Hybbs

Established Member
I had one inch wheel spacers on my back wheels. They stuck out a little far for my liking. I have stock 17x9 wheels on the back with 315 tires on them. When I would hit a significant bump in the road the tires would rub a little. I can't have this, so I swapped out the one inchers for some 3/8 inch spacers, and all is well. Looks better, and no rubbing.

MG0h3

Established Member
^^nice man. Still hot as hell down in the southwest but then again I'm outta town for 3 months straight.

Might have a buddy start it up if I can remember where I hid the keys.

Can't wait to get home and rip on it in the fall.

MineralCobra

Established Member
3rd oil change on the new motor while breaking it in. 700 miles on it so far. The anxiety is real looking thru the oil and filter making sure everything looks 100% lol

Users who are viewing this thread