What length belt are you using???

Cman01

hello
Established Member
If you are currently running the same combo as me AFA a SC belt what length r u using?

I will be running a 10% ATI, ARS tensioner (with 63mm pulley), Metco auxiliary idler pulley (90mm pulley), stock upper pulley.

TIA.

Tony

djniknala

Established Member
I’m running a ATI 10%OD, 90mm idler, thump tensioner(with their standard pulley) and a 2.4 upper. Running a Gates Racing 85.3 from Van. Last belt lasted two years and 20k miles(I daily my car) before it developed a slight squeak.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought this was another fat shaming thread, and mildly disappointed that it isn’t. I have a 36” belt.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I think I'm running an 85.4" blue belt. It may be 85.3". I have your same basic specs as you, except for a 2.6" upper. Differences from you, which I doubt change anything, are a VMP Gen II, a BPS auxiliary idler and a thump tensioner with the BPS 63mm idler pulley. Most of my pulleys are BPS lightweight pulleys, but all are stock dimensions.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Stock upper pulley is 2.6" isn't it?? Looks like 85.3" should do it. Thanks Catmonkey gonna get that on order along with a set of TR7IX plugs.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I think stock on a 13-14 is something like 2.7". Stock on earlier cars was 3". The difference between the 2.6 and the 2.7 would be .2" in belt diameter, so it's negligible.

Users who are viewing this thread