Wheel Coating

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Looks like etching to me. Possibly from a chemical/cleaner the previous owner used.

I'd try polishing the sh!t out of one area and see if that helps remove it. I mean work the area with your cone/hand/etc and see what it does.
You can also try some heavy compound (for paint if you have any) and see if that reduces/removes it.

If it's still there it may need to be sanded and then polished...

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like etching to me. Possibly from a chemical/cleaner the previous owner used.

I'd try polishing the sh!t out of one area and see if that helps remove it. I mean work the area with your cone/hand/etc and see what it does.
You can also try some heavy compound (for paint if you have any) and see if that reduces/removes it.

If it's still there it may need to be sanded and then polished...

Thanks Nasty. I have some rubbing compound for paint, I'll give it a shot.

One more question for ya, what's the best way to polish in the little crevices etc and what's the best way to remove it from in there.

oneof185

Established Member
I have gloss black Cobra replicas. I have Jetseal, is that good to use on wheels? Also, car has had cquartz put on by previous owner so I'm not sure if he did anything to the wheels. I would like to do them up right while it's on stands in winter. Should I just buy a package for wheels or what would be best, since I do have jetseal already? Any feedback would be appreciated.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Jetseal is good, the durability of it on wheels will not be of that on paint, so if you want to do it right while the wheels are off, I would use a dedicated wheel coating.

This way it will last you for quite some time and assist with maintenance/cleanup/etc.

oneof185

Established Member
Sounds good, thanks for the feedback. I will look to see which ones have the best reviews.

manny231988

Established Member
Hey guys I had asked Scott already and he was looking into it but I’m gonna ask everyone as well anybody have experience with ceramic coating on an anodized barrel wheel my new vossens have anodized black barrel and I wanna coat them but I can’t find any info let me know what y’all think

Users who are viewing this thread