Which cams for stock engine?

scottydsntknow

Established Member
I'm probavly gonna get supercharger cams from them for my car also down the road. Have to build my bottom end first though since my power is already on the edge according to my tuner.

If I keep spending $ on his car I don't think I'll ever build this teksid block I have sitting in my garage for my car. lol

A 2V with cams NA? Lmao that is not even CLOSE to being on the edge power wise. Hearing that would automatically make me laugh, walk out and find a new tuner...

Sluggie24

Established Member
Actually the one on the edge is my supercharged/intercooled 04 GT. Tuner said based on my power at the wheels through an auto that had a slipping converter clutch at the time it was pushing almost 500hp at the crank. On the edge for a stock bottom end according to him.

My son's 03 GT is the one getting cams.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Very cool, will be a fun project to share with your son. Just a heads up, my Cams took about a month and half to get IIRC, looks like Comp may be doing the grinds for MHS now instead of Bullet Racing, so maybe service might be better. But I wouldn't stress too much if whatever lead time they're advertising now comes and goes.. just an fyi. ;)

Rolltide1006

Established Member
Very cool, will be a fun project to share with your son. Just a heads up, my Cams took about a month and half to get IIRC, looks like Comp may be doing the grinds for MHS now instead of Bullet Racing, so maybe service might be better. But I wouldn't stress too much if whatever lead time they're advertising now comes and goes.. just an fyi. ;)

Ya Bullet Racing made my CMS cams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rolltide1006

Established Member

98dab55e0947115273643bdf55448007.jpg

Sluggie24

Established Member
Strange way of doing business these days. Doesnt cost too much to keep a small inventory of your core popular products. I waa hoping it would be faster than a month.

Sluggie24

Established Member
Well about 2 weeks ago I put the built trans and stage 2 MHS cams in my son's car. He went and got it tuned this morning.

238 hp and 270 ft/lbs at the wheels is what the tuner got out of it safely on pump gas. Figuring 20% loss with the auto he has about 298 hp at the crank. Not bad since his only other mods are CAI, 78mm tbody/plenum, O/R h pipe and cat back. Almost 40 hp over stock rating.

Rolltide1006

Established Member
Well about 2 weeks ago I put the built trans and stage 2 MHS cams in my son's car. He went and got it tuned this morning.

238 hp and 270 ft/lbs at the wheels is what the tuner got out of it safely on pump gas. Figuring 20% loss with the auto he has about 298 hp at the crank. Not bad since his only other mods are CAI, 78mm tbody/plenum, O/R h pipe and cat back. Almost 40 hp over stock rating.

Long tubes will make it better :)

I put down 272 hp and 304 trq at the wheels

Sluggie24

Established Member
I had a typo. 277 ft/lbs not 270.

He could make more with long tubes but this is good enough for him for now. 120k miles on the car. Once he's done with school in 2 years i will probably put in a built bottom end with ported heads and possibly a supercharger.

Figures that he finally gets the tune and can now get on it to see how it feels and it's been raining all day so he can't get on it...

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I gave MHS my money once, and they will never get it again. I am having my car worked on now, and the builder asked me who rebuilt the heads, because they look like a high school student did them.
I had them rebuilt by MHS in '09 (B heads). Motor went 500 miles before spinning 2 bearings (no relation to heads obviously) so they were freshly rebuilt when the new builder disassembled.

Users who are viewing this thread