Which OTA's w/ ARH 1 7/8 & GT500 Quads?

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Looking to let the incoming Whipple exhale, but want to stay as quiet as possible but run a full exhaust. I picked up ARH 1 7/8 & OR X (no side pipes). GT500 quads are planned and would like to know if the gains of OTA's are worth it, and which brand will mate with the ARH X/GT500 quads?

Thanks!

fuelforfire87

Established Member
You really only have 2 options in regards to aftermarket over axles. Lethal/LTH overaxle pipes (both made by cp-e) or borla OTA. Both are 2.75" mandel bent and both eliminate the resonators on the stock OTA pipes, as well as the crimps in the over axle bends. I've ran the single tip gt500's with headers, offroad x and the lethal OTA pipes and the only time it was loud was when getting on it. I imagine it would be the same with the quad tip GT500's. Also the lethal pipes will be easier to install than borla due to them being a 2 piece design, and they fit well on lowered cars.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Appreciate the feedback. I see Flowmaster and a few others offer a 3" catback, but I wouldn't want the included AB's. I guess I need to call a few manufacturers to see if they sell the OTA alone. If not, the Lethal would be my choice. Thank you.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Most catbacks use a slip fit style connection, so they wouldnt be compatible with the gt500s. The only manufacturer i know that uses the stock ball and socket connection is the kooks catback. Although im not sure if they will sell you just the OTA section

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Thanks. I'll contact them. I could find stock GT500 OTA's but would they work with the ARH X? I could cut out the resonators on my current pipes but I don't want permanent modifications on the Boss.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
A long while back I contacted kooks about buying just their OTA. It was like $361 I believe. We also had longtubes and gt500s at the time. We also had borla OTA pipes on also. Before the borlas we had the lethal OTA pipes and man. What a POS they were. They kept on coming disconnected and they rubbed no matter what way we adjusted them. That's when we bought the borla ones and man. What a quality fit! We just wanted a different, deeper sound and full 3" piping so we decided on the Magnaflow. 0 regrets! Sounds fantastic with literally no drone.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
You are probly refering to the 1st gen of lethal pipes, the 2nd gen i have fit like a glove, no issues

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
You are probly refering to the 1st gen of lethal pipes, the 2nd gen i have fit like a glove, no issues

Man idk what they were lmao. They were the biggest piece of shit literally lol. Whenever we decide or if we decide to change up the exhaust again we will be buying the borla OTA again.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Thank you sir. It's a great looking catback. Already enroute from AM.

I won't be running the headers and X-pipe for now. Whipple doesn't allow for them in their tune. It's ok because I just found out American Racing makes a Boss 302 specific off-road X so I can run my side pipes. I'll have to sell the new X-Pipe that I just bought.

As soon as I get my GT500 fuel system and 1050 injectors I'll switch tunes so I can run the full exhaust.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Thank you sir. It's a great looking catback. Already enroute from AM.

I won't be running the headers and X-pipe for now. Whipple doesn't allow for them in their tune. It's ok because I just found out American Racing makes a Boss 302 specific off-road X so I can run my side pipes. I'll have to sell the new X-Pipe that I just bought.

As soon as I get my GT500 fuel system and 1050 injectors I'll switch tunes so I can run the full exhaust.

Oh nice man! It will defiantly sound mean! I wish pypes offered that. We tried putting QTP cutouts on, but they rubbed really bad just in our driveway lol. So we took them off. Should sound really good with stock headers and really mean with the longtubes!!

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
IMG_3756.JPG
IMG_3758.JPG
IMG_3759.JPG

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
American Muscle didn't skip a beat as usual. They sent out another kit a couple hours after I dropped the damaged one off at a UPS store. Hoping for better luck next week.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Damn, In my experience UPS is the worst when it comes to damaged packages. Magnaflow usually packs pretty well, hopefully the new set will arrive unharmed

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Agree. I've had some rough looking packaging arrive. Most of the time everything survived. Expecting more of the same. Now the Whipple box better be flawless!

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Oh wow that was unacceptable. Magnaflow does have very good packaging usually so that must have been thrown around pretty well. Hopefully the next one is fine bro!

Users who are viewing this thread