Won't idle with a.c. on

The Commander

Established Member
Ok I have a 97 cobra with a v2 s trim and air to air intercooler on it and my car will almost cut off when I run the ac at idle. But I didn't have this problem before I put on the intercooler,changed injectors and went from a draw through to blow throw maf. My car ran just fine without the intercooler and when I had draw through maf on it with the ac running. And it also has a idle problem on cold starts which I didn't have before I added any of the other parts. If anyone have any suggestions on what could be the problem please let me know cause this is bugging me to death trying to figure it out.

The Commander

Established Member
Man idk I took it to a different tuner to have it tuned cause the original tuner did a bad tune the last time I went to him and then he stopped responding to my calls and messages after he said he would get everything straight but I also had spark blow out around 5600 rpm so I had to replace plugs and wires and I have to take it back for a retune.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
So you changed the MAF placement, changed injectors, and added the intercooler then got a tune done? Or are you still needing to take it somewhere to get it tuned? Your last post is a little hard to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread