03 Redfire KB 2.6H Cobra, 91 pump gas 646 rwhp 650 rwtq, Video

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
This is my buddy Troys cobra. He is in the Air Force and bought it while stationed in Okinawa. He had it shipped to me so I could hold onto the car till he gets back to the states in January. This was another members car here on svtp although I dont know their name. It has a ton of very very nice mods.

Proline racing engine w/ CP Pistons and Manley rods
ARP Everything
Stock cams advanced
1 3/4" inch longubes w/ offroad x pipe
Bassani catback
Injected engineering mammoth inlet
SCT Big Air MAF w/ JLT CAI
60 lb injectors
Lethal performance budget return style fuel system
Coil overs all the way around
Tubular K
Sick rear seat delete custom carved with a huge cobra emblem on the backing
Upgraded heat exchanger/intercooler
3.10 upper pulley and a 4 lb lower

Last Pull - YouTube

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Ya i was very impressed with it. This blower can make another 4-6 lbs of boost before even being maxed out. With that and some e85 im sure it could see close to mid 700s. The car drives great too, its very smooth and it feels stock. You can just feel the power and the car definitely wants to move. :)

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

What he said. Stock heads, but the cams were also advanced some which i have proven with my own car that advancing the stock cams adds around 25 whp and 45 wtq. That probly has alot to do with the strong numbers for only a medium boost KB car.

Chris from Dyno Edge tuned the car. He is probly one of the best tuners in the southwest. Initially, the car made 605 on the same boost but the timing was very conservative. He said "lets throw some more timing at it and see if we can make 625." So after that we were pretty shocked when it showed up with a 646 pull making the same boost as the 605 tune.

evolve

Established Member
What were the settings on the cams? I wonder what the drawbacks to doing so would be? If any that is.

evolve

Established Member
I mean if advancing cams was netting people ~25whp, it would make more sense if this were in fact some kind of sticky/how to/ or common knowledge item.

Last edited:

yan88gt

Established Member
I mean if advancing cams was netting people ~25whp, it would make more sense if this were in fact some kind of sticky/how to/ or common knowledge item.

It's kind of hard to find setting for stock cams. And most of the time , people are comparing their setting to non-degreed cams wich can be all over the place. I've yet to see a comparision of let's say a straight 114/114 and a 110/118 on the exact same combo. I'm pretty sure that installing them straight on at 114/114 would give great gains compared to non-degreed.

Last edited:

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
i should of just bought a 2.6h and made same power as my 2.8 mammoth on 22psi? advancing cams may help def but lift and duration is the same. i think dyno might be a floater what kind of dyno? good numbers though

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
How many pulls dis you guys do if you don't mind me asking

4 pulls total, a baseline run, tuning pull, conservative tune pull and agressive tune pull

It's kind of hard to find setting for stock cams. And most of the time , people are comparing their setting to non-degreed cams wich can be all over the place. I've yet to see a comparision of let's say a straight 114/114 and a 110/118 on the exact same combo. I'm pretty sure that installing them straight on at 114/114 would give great gains compared to non-degreed.

This is true. They were advanced 4 degrees. Motor was a fresh build so they were no longer factory set cams. Not sure where they started from.

i should of just bought a 2.6h and made same power as my 2.8 mammoth on 22psi? advancing cams may help def but lift and duration is the same. i think dyno might be a floater what kind of dyno? good numbers though

Its a dynojet. I think its pretty accurate. Chris has dynoed thousands of cars, including his own 7 second foxbody (which held the 275 drag radial record for awhile), and the numbers have always matched up pretty well with trap speeds.

RCM90

Established Member
Does a 2.8 take more power to turn compared to a 2.6.... that could be where the difference is.

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
18 degrees of timing is a lot for 91 octane isnt it?

I don't think so Chris tuned my cobra a couple weeks back he's an awesome guy. My 91 octane tune is set at 18 degrees of timing on the stock 3.5 pulley and stock lower made numbers in my sig. Going to be going back for a race tune on the 3.2 pulley and race gas and see what she does.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread