“You know you need some track time when....”

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Most of you in the MidAtlantic region got this, but its so funny I have to share.

“You know you need some track time when....”

“ No one is watching, you put your nose on a tire and draw a LONG breath

You pour yourself a glass of grape juice and think of CAM 2

You crash your computer from You Tubing “I Was Seventh” for the 500th time

You find yourself caressing your cordless impact gun and repeatedly pulling the trigger...just for the sound

You petition the Weather channel to begin using the term “Horsepower Weather” instead of “Cool”

You refer to the grass surrounding highway cloverleaves as “Runoff Room”

You start mentally rehearsing excuses for the Highway Patrol...just in case..

You start late-apex-ing the Fresh Produce Isle/Bakery Isle transition with your shopping cart

You HEAR a Frank Sinatra song but your mind’s eye SEES another handsome Italian crooner....Chris Cobetto (NASA MA Director)

“Celebrate with the NASA Mid Atlantic Family this weekend at VIR Full Course as we kickoff our 10th SEASON!!! There are few HPDE slots open, all racers are welcome and you can register at the track!. The weather is GREAT!!!! Monmouth Junction Weekend Weather Forecast (08852) - weather.com

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Great post...and that "I was seventh" vid cracks me up every time.

Here are a couple more... from my recent experience:

"You find yourself searching for VIR vids on Youtube while at work"

"You find yourself driving your track car to work even though it has a full set of slicks on it". Yep, did that last week.

"You find yourself staring at your car in the garage and finding piddly little stuff to work on despite the fact that it is perfectly prepped for your next track day" Been doing that too.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
"You know you need some track time when....”

Your wife looks over at you after the State Trooper has just handed you a ticket for speeding and says "We really need to get you on a race track again soon!!"

Reason she said this to me? I drive like a grandma after I get my speed fix on track!!!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
"You know you need some track time when....”

Your wife looks over at you after the State Trooper has just handed you a ticket for speeding and says "We really need to get you on a race track again soon!!"

Reason she said this to me? I drive like a grandma after I get my speed fix on track!!!

And how recently did this occur? :rollseyes

I found myself doing a couple yesterday...

When you start paying attention to thumb position on the wheel of your daily driver, and thinking "I need to practice this next time out".

You go to Google Earth just to zoom in on Summit Point and follow the line with your cursor.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
And how recently did this occur? :rollseyes

You go to Google Earth just to zoom in on Summit Point and follow the line with your cursor.

Few months ago. I didnt get on track at all in '08.

HAHA :lol: So far I've looked at Motorsports Park Hastings, Hallett, Heartland Park Topeka, and Mid America Motorplex!

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Greg,

I was watching Motorweek yesterday (my DVR picked it up, so I am not sure when it aired the first time) and I saw a car that I think is yours. There was a segment on NASA and getting out on the track and I saw a 2 second bit of a car that looks very much like yours... blue, vert, 95 rims, etc. I believe it was at Summit.

Any idea if this was you or not?

Kevin

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Yep, it was.
MotorWeek is based out of Maryland, and they were filming at last year's Hyperfest.

I like to think they saw the same inner beauty that I see in a Bright Atlantic Blue Cobra, but I have a feeling it was because of the NASA sticker on my car. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread