0% or rebate on svt

IDAREU

Banned
I just don't get it every american car right now has either 0% avaiable or a fat rebate. Why is the cobra so different, I do believe the Corvette went to 60 months at o% today.
For me it is not a matter of getting to a payment(paying cash), I would just like to feel that in this incredible time to buy a new car that I got something other than the privledge of buying an SVT.

On another note do you think that this car will be worth something in thirty years like the big block muscle cars of the sixties are today?

Still waiting car should be here in 5 weeks , just in time for snow!

Cheers

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Let me see if I can put this in perspective for you. Okay let's say the stock market is way down as in car sales, well you have let's say 5000 $100.00 bills as in available Cobra's. Do you sell your 5,000 $100.00 bills for less? Just kidding of course, I think the SVT Cobra is quite a value, to be able to buy one at MSRP seems to be a privelage this year. For the money it is one tough cookie to beat!

:beer:

key2you

Established Member
Ford and the dealers put this car in the specialty catagory (as is the focus svt). So with that comes no insentives because they believe these cars will sell because of the limited production. Corvettes in the last couple of years have out sold the camaro/firebird. So the vette might be a high end sports car but one thing it is not is a limited production car. Anything in short supply or limited production (or both) you are not going to get any breaks on. None at all.

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
I got a Cobra at 0% for 60 months. Last year. What's so different now??? Ford's even building MORE 2003 Cobras than 2001s!!!

ObieFox

Established Member
no flame intended

No flame intended, but Ford did have a little trouble getting rid of all of the 2001 Cobras which is why they offered the 0%.

KO

Silver 03 Cobra

Look at how many C5's are on the road. I was sitting at a light the other day and one was sitting directly across from me and two crossed between us going in opposite directions. I thought to myself, "My 03 doesn't cost as much but it is exclusive and not many people have one"

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Another thing to consider is Ford's general attitude towards financing... I saw a news story on this a few nights ago...

GM is basically going with the attitude of "let's give everyone 0% financing or tons of cash back on everything and do it indefinitely". By doing this, they are cutting their profit margins big time in an effort to "stimulate the economy" by attracting buyers (which could ultimately bring buyers back in better economic times)... but in the long run it may hurt their bottom line - which would actually hurt the economy... it's a gamble.

Ford is taking more of a cautious approach to it. They are less willing to give 0% financing or cash back incentives (they'll do it, you just won't see it as much on Ford's as you will on GM vehicles). Ford is trying to strike a balance between stimulating the economy through consumer spending and potentially hurting the economy by falling short of projected profits (which definitely has a negative affect on the economy).

Now, if we look at the Cobra, the above reasons contribute to why you might not see as good of a financing or cash back deal on a Cobra as say a Z06... also, toss in the fact that they don't HAVE to do it and the cars will still sell - and you have your reasons that it's not done. My guess is, if they found these cars sitting on the lots in mass quantities, you'd get better deals - but until the demand goes down, there is no reason to cut the price or to offer any deals! Supply and demand - gets you every time...

Last edited:

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
You could probably get a rebate or 0%

You could probably get a rebate or 0% financing through my local SVT dealership, after you pay the markup.

The weasels down the road from me are still marking up their Cobras. There are 5 other SVT dealerships in this county, and at any given time there are at least 5 Cobras sitting on their lots at MSRP or slightly below.

But, you could go to Fox Lake Ford in Lake County IL and pay $3000-$5000 over MSRP. I would guess that they would either rebate part of that or arrange very low interest financing to complete the gouging.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Best I could get was 5.25% - and I have great credit and organized financing through a credit union.

Jsears8

The Anti-Rice
Established Member
0% would be nice, I would have one sitting in my garage if that was the case. :bash:

Justin

Users who are viewing this thread