'00 Formula vs new Challenger RT

cammedformy

Established Member
So I was going to meet my dad for dinner and decided to take the Formula because he hasn't ridden in it since it was bolt on's.

I pick him up and we start heading up the highway to find something to eat. He's in the area for work, and the town that he's staying at is basically a hotel, a jack in the box and a gas station alongside the highway. Only real option was to head about 10 miles up the road.

We're just cruising in the middle lane, trying to talk and catch up, wasnt really working out too well in the car though. As we're yelling back and forth a shiney black Challenger RT pulls up alongside of us. I dont really pay much attention to him since I've got my dad in the car and dont usually race when I've got passenger, but this guy is relentless. Trying to hop the car at me, flooring it then letting out. I just shake my head, but finally my dad looks over at me and asks if I'm scared to run him.

At this point I just laugh and explain my reasoning, to which he laughs and says he trusts me and he's been wanting me to open it up anyway. Thats all he needed to say.

I roll my window down and signal to the guy for a 50 roll, as thats perfect for my setup. Top of 2nd gear, middle of the powerband.

After we both slow down, I wave him forward, telling him to take off whenever he was ready. He takes the hit, and I let him jump out about a car before I lay into it. Wrap out second and I'm already about a car out. Slam third and it just gets downright ugly. I would say I was putting buslengths on him, but it was more like an amtrak. Just to give my pops the full effect, I went ahead and wrapped out 4th as well.

I finally let out and start coasting back down to normal speeds. The Challenger caught back up and as he was rolling by I went ahead and gave him the thumbs up. He returned the glance, but didnt really acknowledge me, just kept cruising. No thumbs up, but no finger either so I guess its just a wash.

Best part was looking over at my 56 year old dad and seeing him giggle like a little school girl. We went ahead and grabbed dinner. I offered to let him drive on the way home but he declined. Overall, not really alot to brag about. I'm sure the Challenger was bone stock, and I'm far from it, but it was fun and it was an excuse to show off for my dad.:rockon:

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
nice run.glad you put him in his place. it seem that every challenger owner i talk to think because they have a new challenger it the fastest thing ever made. i just nod and have to walk away

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Yeah, like I said, thats why the kill wasnt really anything to brag about. It would be interesting to see what it would do against a stock LS1.

haha...nice kill..you would still rape a stock LS1...only instead of 5000 buslengths it would be like 4000 bus lengths. haha no contest.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
^ I think he is talking about a stock LS1 vs the Chally R/T....

Oh... :bash: Wow how did I screw that up.

Honestly I don't think I would have a problem with an R/T. An SRT8 would be a good race but the R/Ts are mid to high 13s I believe stock.

Users who are viewing this thread