00 Gt 2v build

00Boosted

I recently purchased a 2000 Gt, (this is my second mustang first being supercharged). Right now the car is tuned by Fastlane Motorsports. It has 402 rwhp and I have decided that i wanna try to get in the 525/550 rwhp range. Here is the list of what all has been done to the car so far:
Paxton Novi 2000, Paxton Intercooler, Ford Racing 47 lb injectors, Diablo Mafia MAF, NGK TR6 Spark plugs, Kurgan Motorsports 340 lph fuel pump (pprv delete) BBK Longtubes, BBK offroad H pipe, Borla catback exhaust, Pro Comp polished upper intake manifold, Accufab 75mm Throttle body, Plenum 3.73 gears, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter. Im sure some of you guys have run into this already and I would love to hear some feedback.

00Boosted

No, no work on the internals, I know that it will need work on the internals but thats something that i dont know much about and have never messed with, i was just trying to get some insight on what needs to be done.

mustanginky

Established Member
yep you'll need a forged piston/rod setup at minimum. best bet is to get a cobra crank as well. i can see going to 415-430 rwhp with stock internals, but unless you treat it like a queen on the street and only beat on it at the track, you're probably asking to spill it's guts somewhere.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Hahahaha! Yeah build it without forged internals and shoot for 500, just make sure you post the dyno video so we can all watch the rods blow thru the hood.

Seriously though if you start pushing 450 it's a ticking time bomb, 400 is right in a good spot, save up and build a motor before you try running more power.

00Boosted

Im not trying to get anymore HP untill I do forge the internals, i was just trying to get a feel of what brand of parts i should go with. but for now the car is staying at the 402 rwhp until I decide what to do with the internals

Stanger00

Established Member
Forged internals and a decent blower cam will get you at 500 with about 15 psi of boost.

You probably won't find many answers for your question. I say get stainless steel rings, diamond pistons, new bearings, arp main cap bolts, arp, rod bolts, arp head studs, and the list goes on and on.

SCalla1384

Established Member
With a good set of blower cams, and just pulley it down alittle, youll be there. Just need the fuel supply.

As for forged internals, I dont recomend it, but Ive have seen 2Vs hit high 400rwhp, or low 500rwhp. One guy locally was at 514rwhp for about 2 years. And ran great.

If the boost is at a good level (9-11psi) good fuel supply, fat AFR, good timing (no higher then 15*) it really can last.

Users who are viewing this thread