00 GT 4V swap

2000_GT_stang

Established Member
I am looking into doing a 03/04 4 valve swap with a T56 but first i would like to get a list of everything im going to need for the swap. Im not sure if anyone has already made a post like this or not but if anyone has done the swap and has a full list of parts it would be greatly appreciated!

Stanger00

Established Member
Yup, you're going to have to do the leg work on this your own.

But a quick list will be heads, gaskets, intake manifold, 4valve COPs, 4valve timing cover, timing parts with chains and tensioners, some wires to lengthen, throttle body, valve covers, coil covers.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Easiest to find a donor car with everything you'll need. Find a wrecked one or something, take what you need, then part the rest out

bleedout

Established Member
I often wondered about this swap as well, but i always come to the conclusion that its easier and more cost effective to boost or add nitrous to the 2V. Dont get me wrong i love the 4V's but if you figure on how much its going to cost you in parts, labor, time, misc. crap you'll need. you could do a blower or cheap on3 turbo or nitrous. just my opinion and good luck.

2000_GT_stang

Established Member
I was afraid that would be the case and looked for a few donors. I do all my work and tuning myself being a mechanic.. But I have (had) a forged 2v with twisted wedge head with 2 bulls eye S466 batmo wheel turbos and a 150 shot.. Long story short my old lady and me switch cars for the weekend as I drove to Florida with a couple buddies in her STI when she sprayed it and did a few no lift shifts.. 24 psi and 150 shot of the rev limiter didnt last too long. So I figured it would be a great time to do a billet 4v build.

02blownGT

Established Member
Ported TFS heads flow just as well as the 4v heads so it just sounds like alot of extra wrok for no real gain to me.

Stanger00

Established Member
TFS heads flow the same on intake and a little less on exhaust out of the box. Ported they flow will more than stock 4 valve heads. However, TFS heads cost a shit load more over used 4 valve heads. That's the dilemma.

02blownGT

Established Member
A TFS swap will be cheaper once its all said and done.I wanted to go 4v but couldnt justify the price,But if you do post pics i would like to see the progression.

Users who are viewing this thread