00 GT opinions

WOT 88

Established Member
Been searching for awhile for a car and have been undecided as to what year, how much to spend, or whether to get a GT or Cobra. Didn't know if I wanted a project, or to find a flawless car.

Anyways I've come across what I "think" is a decent deal and something I want to take on. I just want to get a couple of opions regarding the price.

Car is a 2000 GT with 155k on the clock. Seller claims the car has a replaced motor out of an 02 with around 60k on the motor. Car is supercharged and has a vortech T trim on it and tons of other aftermarket parts, like clutch, springs, P-51 intake, FR 500 wheels, ect ect. Claims the car was only seeing 8-9 lbs of boost with his current pully combo.

Says the car is untuned and has a miss but runs and drives. Interior is probably a 7 ish and the body is strait with exception of the hood scoop being broken off. I don't really care, I want to add an R hood and a 03-04 cobra bumber.

My intention would be probably to pull the car apart, have it painted (same color), pull the engine and build a forged motor, and just kind of go through the whole car.

I'm trying to meet with the seller around noon tomorrow and have already got him down a bit from his asking price. I wanted to ask what would be the max some of you would be willing to pay based on the the description I've given??

WOT 88

Established Member
$7-8k, and thats probably too high

I actually offered him 4k just based on the craigslist description and a few grainy text photos. Figured I'd just feel him out before I made the 2 hour trek to get there and look. He said the lowest he would go was 4.5 k

I was not expecting a perfect car by any means for 4.5k, but his description and comments made it seem like it just needed some work, and that it was in good condition. When I got there and looked it over I decided to pass on it. The car was absolutely rigged and beat to death, all the SC piping was fabbed out of random rubber pieces, and galvanized auto store exhaust tubing/elbows. The paint was bubbling up on every body panel and all four FR 500 wheels were extremely bent and useless. Someone used drywall screws to fasten the gauge pod assembly to the A-pillar, and the lines between the drivers door and front clip just were not right, like it had been previously hit.

Nice guy and all, just told him I'd pass.

Users who are viewing this thread