00 GT solid To a 03 IRS

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
the search is down so...........

i have a buddy that wants the solid outta my 00 GT and i want his IRS for my GT, what are all the things i will need to do the swap? how long would it take ?

Last edited:

sprusak1

G.R.E.A.D tuned
Established Member
it's a very straight forward swap. I did mine by myself in my garage in 1 day. You will need the IRS, rear IRS mounts, exhaust, shocks, and swap driveshaft flanges on the diff. Remember to pull the pinion snubber mounted to the body, just above your solid axle or the IRS will not bolt in your car (i know). Life is a lot easier if you can park both cars side by side and do the swap that way. You will also need to swap ABS sensors.

Venimus03

Established Member
Is it difficult to swap the driveshaft flanges on the diff? If it is, is a GT driveshaft much weaker then a cobra drive shaft, or is it just heavier?

BAFRAID

VERY AFRAID
Established Member
It's not that hard at all to swap the pinion flanges. When you take off that big ass nut the flange should just pull right off. When you put the other flange on, USE THE SAME NUT that was on your housing, and make sure you use the same one on the other housing too. Tighten it down and check your "play", you want to tighten it down just enough so that you don't have any "wiggle" in-and-out on the pinion gear. When you get to where there's no play, you're there. Don't over tighten it or you'll mess up the backlash on your gears and they could hum a little.

Users who are viewing this thread